Age Difference for Couples/Partners

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
    ...I've been looking for advice on forums that deal with this as I'm seeing a man 20 years younger than me.....
    you go girl

Snowdrop is almost 6 years younger than me but looks 6 years older cos his is bald(ish) and I'm not
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
      If you have a chance to be happy Janie - grab it. Don't let other peple's opinions or small mindedness spoil it for you. Why should others be bothered about an age gap if you are not.
      And if the worst happens and you eventually grow apart you'll at least have enjoyed some good times. People who are too scared that something will fail to try anything usually end up rather lonely an unhappy. Enjoy.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

OMG. I don't believe someone started this thread here. I've been looking for advice on forums that deal with this as I'm seeing a man 20 years younger than me.

I've dated younger men before and it has been a bit of fun only and this is how this started out. We've both had to admit to each other that it's more and we are both wondering what we do.

So far it's been very, very secret, but someone is going to notice. I live in a small rural town and gossip is rife.

I'm leaving a lot out.
        M'dear, I know some parts of rural Oxfordshire! and the folk that go with it!!, some as will condem you for all, up front and make you tea round the back and some as will smile to your face and poison the tea!. Don't pay them no nevermind, be happy with your Beau and to heck with the gossips. H xxx.
        Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

OMG. I don't believe someone started this thread here. I've been looking for advice on forums that deal with this as I'm seeing a man 20 years younger than me.

I've dated younger men before and it has been a bit of fun only and this is how this started out. We've both had to admit to each other that it's more and we are both wondering what we do.

So far it's been very, very secret, but someone is going to notice. I live in a small rural town and gossip is rife.

I'm leaving a lot out.
          Well done you!!!! Enjoy it. Basically I can't improve on what Alison already said.

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Basically, don't worry, so long as you're both adults then enjoy each other while you can etc etc and don't get hung up on your age, background etc. If it becomes a problem then fine, sort it or split but don't let other people tell you something is a problem that isn't to either of the two of you.
          Last edited by bluemoon; 16-07-2009, 10:16 PM.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Kazzi and I share our birthday, but she was born 15 years before me.

I only married her for her pension lol.

Comment

I've been married for 30 years next Sunday, but my best friend has been in and out of relationships. We were discussing this on Thursday night and she has a theory that if your intended partner didn't have the same Blue Peter presenter when growing up as you, then it's probably not going to work
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

JanieB you lucky minx

Mine is balding (since birth) AND he's 4 years older than me
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

found out the other day, chap who i thought was my friends father turns out he is actually her husband! she is 35 he is 67! yes they are in love
                  Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I,m very near to 60 and my lady is 51 weve been happily married for 31 years, she still says I was a cradle snatcher, she was 17 me 25 when we met, and she still tells me to "grow up",and you are to old for that motorbike.
                    Work like you don't need the money...
                    Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                    and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
                      ... some as will condem you for all, up front and make you tea round the back and some as will smile to your face and poison the tea!. Don't pay them no nevermind, be happy with your Beau and to heck with the gossips. H xxx.
                      Yup, I'd agree with that. If they give you grief then they weren't true friends in the first place. My Hubby's only 4 years younger than me - but still a Toy-boy! Have fun and be happy!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I really, really think I'm going to get my heart broken. Again .
                        I didn't think I would ever recover when Brian died. I have dated a few since, but this is the man who has made me feel as if I'm back in the human race.

Trouble is, I don't know where he's coming from. And he's only home for a few hours each weekend, family (his and mine) get in the way. Oh, and inadvertently, other people.

I had an accident last night. I was dancing in the pub and fell over and cut my head open on a step with a metal edge. (OK I'd had a drinky or two but I wasn't p1$$ed).

I've been on my own all day and feel as if no-one cares. They do but I don't know how to tell them I need support.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Janie, I don't know what I can say that doesn't sound trite but I really hope things work out for you. {hugs}
                          I was feeling part of the scenery
                          I walked right out of the machinery
                          My heart going boom boom boom
                          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                            Janie, I don't know what I can say that doesn't sound trite but I really hope things work out for you. {hugs}
                            Can't say anything. I'm a grown-up. I've been incredibly independent all my life. It's only when I'm in a new relationship (?) that I feel vulnerable. I know I'll get through it.
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

I'm going to hurt. We had a wonderful weekend, talked, danced together, laughed and then he disappeared when I went to the loo. won't answer the phone. .

I do know he talks to people. They have said stick with it, they've said he feels the same way I do, but at the moment I just feel hurt and confused.
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

JanieB, I hope things work out in a way that's right for you.

Best wishes.
                                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X