Member of the Month - Mrs Dobby!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Mrs D!!

You said you didn't feel you had done anything to deserve the MOM award - but look at the posts you have made in your short time on the Vine!

I don't contribute much as I am learning (pretty fast mind you) and spend most of my time gleaning information and tips from you worthy grapes. It is my hope that one day I will give back some of the wisdom I have borrowed from the vine.

Well done and enjoy your month.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Well done Mrs D, enjoy your month and goodie bag.

Comment

Well done Mrs D - most of the others have got in before me but just to echo their comments. You never know how these things will go but you would have been one of my favourites to get it as your posts are consistantly informed and / or amusing, please keep it up. As I said, well done.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Congratulations Mrs D
          I'll give you a special Hug As for me getting member of the month I don't think so I could never post as much as you I,m too busy down the plot or at work. The only way i'm on the computer now is you are still in bed
          so its Time to get up and get down the Plot theres some more digging to be done. We are nearly done with the diggin only One and a bit beds to go.
          Then the pond to do
          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
          Dobby

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby View Post
            Congratulations Mrs D
            I'll give you a special Hug As for me getting member of the month I don't think so I could never post as much as you I,m too busy down the plot or at work. The only way i'm on the computer now is you are still in bed
            so its Time to get up and get down the Plot theres some more digging to be done. We are nearly done with the diggin only One and a bit beds to go.
            Then the pond to do
            What's it like living with such a superstar then?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
              Congratulations!!
              Thanks OWG!

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
              Congratulations Mrs D!!

You said you didn't feel you had done anything to deserve the MOM award - but look at the posts you have made in your short time on the Vine!

I don't contribute much as I am learning (pretty fast mind you) and spend most of my time gleaning information and tips from you worthy grapes. It is my hope that one day I will give back some of the wisdom I have borrowed from the vine.

Well done and enjoy your month.
              Thanks Shirl, but I only post cos I'm naturally verbose, some would probably say I had verbal diarhorrea! lol!

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
              Well done Mrs D, enjoy your month and goodie bag.
              Thanks PW, tis appreciated!

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Well done Mrs D - most of the others have got in before me but just to echo their comments. You never know how these things will go but you would have been one of my favourites to get it as your posts are consistantly informed and / or amusing, please keep it up. As I said, well done.
              Thanks Alison, I do try to post what I have picked up and to have a bit of fun, but sometimes I think my weak attempts at humour are way off the mark, so its nice to hear they are appreciated!

Originally posted by Dobby View Post
              Congratulations Mrs D
              Then the pond to do
              Thanks Hubby! Was that sarcasm I hear there Mr D? You dont post cos you are always down the plot?? Trying to imply I'm not eh? Its the pea cane for you m'boy!

He's great to live with Alison, and yes, he is a superstar!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Ask Mrs Grief
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Congratualtions Mrs D and I hope you'll enjoy all those early Christmas presents from the GYO team! It's YOUR month, so bask in the glory, you deserve it!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Congrats Mrs Dobby! Only just got on the vine & found out you're our new MOM, I thought & hoped it might be you this time! You've put in an awful lot of hard work on your lottie recently & have kept us all entertained on the vine as well. Hope Mr.D. is treating you as a new MOM should be treated.
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Jolly good show Mrs D...you deserve it ..well done..best wishes
                      Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
                        Congratualtions Mrs D and I hope you'll enjoy all those early Christmas presents from the GYO team! It's YOUR month, so bask in the glory, you deserve it!
                        Thanls BW, I'm still somewhat in shock, but I think its finally sinking in!

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                        Congrats Mrs Dobby! Only just got on the vine & found out you're our new MOM, I thought & hoped it might be you this time! You've put in an awful lot of hard work on your lottie recently & have kept us all entertained on the vine as well. Hope Mr.D. is treating you as a new MOM should be treated.
                        Thanks Sue A! Mr D treating me like a new MOM, well if it includes pulling my leg about it every two minutes (then smiling in that new parent type of way, I think he's actually very proud of me, I've never really won anything much before), then yes he is! lol!

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                        Jolly good show Mrs D...you deserve it ..well done..best wishes
                        Thanks Skipper, tis appreciated!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Congratulations Mrs D!

I'm slowly working my way through the excellent recipes you've put up on the site - another very well deserved MOM
                          http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks HM, I'm glad you are enjoying the recipies, I know I do every time I make one of them, either ones I have or that come from everyones excellent posts on the vine! In fact, I'm doing Shirl's venison casserole tonight, the smell coming from the kitchen is wonderful, cant wait for Mr D to get home for tea!
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                              Thanks HM, I'm glad you are enjoying the recipies, I know I do every time I make one of them, either ones I have or that come from everyones excellent posts on the vine! In fact, I'm doing Shirl's venison casserole tonight, the smell coming from the kitchen is wonderful, cant wait for Mr D to get home for tea!
                              Wahey - at last I posted something useful!!! Hope it tastes as good as it sounds!!!
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Lol Shirley! Everyone's posts are useful, even those from newbies such as myself or less experienced members (me again! lol!)!

If any of us post in asking questions, then it not only stimulates others to give answers, but those answering may also learn something from anothers answer, plus it will add to the database of knowledge on here and may just be something that someone else had wanted to ask but didnt feel they were able (for fear of feeling silly, which is daft, cos the only stupid question is the one you dont ask for fear of looking silly) or hadnt yet thought of the words to ask the question (or hadnt really thought about what it was that the question was about yet!).

If we post in sharing memories or experiences or even just having some fun and banter, then it not only helps to build the happy community spirit of the vine, but also gives others a better understanding of who we are in the real world!

If we post in with ideas or recipies, then it is to the enrichment of all who read them!

And if we do manage to post in with advice, then we are returning the knowledge which we have learnt from others to the wider community and helping others, which has to be to the betterment of us all!

And lastly, if the venison tastes half as good as it smells, then it will be absolutely delicious, I'll let you know later after we've eaten it! Only another 2 hours till Mr D gets home and we can eat!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X