No announcement yet.

Challenges for Piskie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at the courses run by Oxford adult learning. There are loads of evening classes and some daytime classes and often hosted in the towns around Oxford not just the city centre. Loads of options for standard things like languages, painting, cookery etc but also some alternative things that might capture your imagination. Sorry don't have the web link.
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
      ...I'll bring that skirt and you can try to fill your freezer with paaaaasties!

YAAAY CF YAAAY CF

Last edited by piskieinboots; 22-07-2009, 08:12 AM.
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        YAAAY CF YAAAY CF

Crikey - look at the size of those pompoms!
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Lottieval View Post
          How about starting to learn a musical instrument if you don't already play one?

A new language is also a good one as has been suggested, some years ago my OH was made redundant and he found a teaching job in London, except from half terms and holidays we were apart for 6 years, I did an OU diploma in french over four of those years, it was enjoyable and time consuming and the excuse for holidays in France when he was home.
          My suggestions are these as well - learn a language or brush up on one you used to speak.

Learn a musical instrument or, again, re-take up one you used to play.

These two are my all-the-time resolutions - I've learned Italian and became very rusty at it through non-use. Same goes for the guitar.

So if you do those two, at least you'll be living my dream, if not your own!

Another suggesion would be - learn some new songs, either bang-up-to-date stuff or maybe some of the lovely old folk songs. Singing is a great way to lift your spirits and even if you haven't much of a voice, it improves as you sing.

I usually do my singing when I'm alone in the house.
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Do your Reiki 1.
            Plan your lottie for next year NOW cause you'll be all luvved up when SD gets back.
            Shop till you drop!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I'll have to pass on the third one dear LL - I would rather be at the dentist than shopping

Reiki? really? do you think I could?
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

I'll have to pass on the third one dear LL - I would rather be at the dentist than shopping

Reiki? really? do you think I could?
                Rather be at the dentist?!
                Reiki? Of course! Ideal time I'd say!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Well...as I was awake half the night, I did a bit of thinking on your behalf Piskie!!

2 ways of looking at it ( or a combination of both...which makes a 3rd!)
                  first ..you can fill your spare time pottering and filling in the time. This would be things like catching up on films/books/peeps/sorting out cupboard/draws etc

or..something constructive - either learning a skill/language/family tree( for the lads)/decorating the house..something which will last a while .

Doing something constructive will make you feel you have a goal/target and something to be proud of.....not just spending your time waiting..and waiting and just pottering- that's soul destroying ( I should know)
                  Something which would impress Snowdrop- and be a useful skill will make you feel more fulfilled and Snowdrop proud of you.

Had you thought of joining somewhere like Total Fitness with a friend, and going to a yoga class/swim/jacuzzi for an hour a day???...something which should make you feel better about yourself, and be a bit of a luxury. There are often offers on over the summer at places like that for 3 month memberships.The must be other ladies on their own chez toi who might be happy just to go along with you and share transport???
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Today I took the 'get dressed and out' route first - I went to the Med Centre to drop in my prescription, then on to the local Camp shop for eggs - "no eggs" says shop lady*.

On returning home and unloading my bag I find two bottles of wine, chocolate and crisps in there

*Sarz, does that count as talking to someone?
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

On returning home and unloading my bag I find two bottles of wine, chocolate and crisps in there
                      All a girl needs for nice quiet night in, red wine I take it
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Do you fancy a trip to Ryton whilst SD is away? I can meet up with you and we can have a spot of lunch in the new styled restaurant???

Comment

yep sure do - name the day
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Cool...will check the diary - weekend or weekday?????

Comment

I'm easy
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Will pm you with some dates.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...