Diet that works?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
    A quick couple of sketches for Nick and Snadger, inspired by your recent posts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ucD...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8...elated&search=
    Nice one Mrs D, but this is more like it!!!!
    Attached Files
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Lol Snadger! Now who's showing his age, remembering Les Dawson like that!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

LOL, Thanks for brightening my morning.

I don't know many children who would find grown men dressing up funny, especially not the boys.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

My two pence ( or llbs)

Never had a problem till I gave up smoking over 2 years ago now.
          I have put on a staggering 30 pounds.
          Fighting it every step of the way too.
          Tried em all. South beach, GI. Atkins. Scardale, Fart yourself thin ( sorry F Plan)
          low carb, no carb etc etc

Rubbish.

I have now however lost a genuine 16 lbs of fat since 3rd November.
          I'm thinking of writing a book. I'm going to call it the 'Eat buckets of hearty stew and drink many glasses of red wine diet'

I make a proper hearty stew including wine, beans (whatever) and lean meat and lots of celery , carrot, pumpkin, onion, leek, tomatoes, swede, little bit of cubed spud. I eat it when I'm hungry. I was astonished to realise that this great bowl of food was the same in calories as a slice of buttered toast.
          I don't eat any bread and /or butter.

I have dinners like chicken breast stuffed with a thin slice of Mozzarella and sliced tomato oven baked served with loads of green veg.
          Basically eat nothing but proper food and cut out bread.

i may call it the 1930s working mans diet or something similar. Fact is I'm a shadow of my former self and not finding it at all hard.

Comment

AND I have roast potatoes. Just two which are really one cut small but along with roast winter squash ( 11 cals an ounce so half the spuds) roast swede (4) roast cleriac( 4) roast fennel( 3) roast aubergine( 3) i really don't feel i'm missing out.
            I'm going to take a week out over Christmas to include the goodies I really want just so I don't gain any weight then carry on afterwards.
            It's so great to see my cheekbones reemerging and having to ditch some of my favourite clothes cos they're draped on me now. In only 5 weeks too!

Comment

Hmmmm. Bad time to talk restraint huh?
              I figure 2 glasses of dry white wine at a measly 80 calories is excellent value in stopping me making it to the fridge. Another is even better.
              You know what you can have for 80 calories?
              A whole lettuce.
              2.5 rice cakes
              One small thin slice of dry bread
              More celery than you could possibly imagine
              With your hands tied behind your back you would be allowed to smell chocolate, cake and cheese

EAT STEW. DRINK WINE.
              Van Gogh, Picasso and other assorted genuises ( or is that gennui )? lived on wine and stew,
              Who knows? You may not only lose weight but knock up the next Sistine Chapel as a side effect.

Comment

Originally posted by pickledtink View Post
                Hmmmm. Bad time to talk restraint huh?
                I figure 2 glasses of dry white wine at a measly 80 calories is excellent value in stopping me making it to the fridge. Another is even better.
                You know what you can have for 80 calories?
                A whole lettuce.
                2.5 rice cakes
                One small thin slice of dry bread
                More celery than you could possibly imagine
                With your hands tied behind your back you would be allowed to smell chocolate, cake and cheese

EAT STEW. DRINK WINE.
                Van Gogh, Picasso and other assorted genuises ( or is that gennui )? lived on wine and stew,
                Who knows? You may not only lose weight but knock up the next Sistine Chapel as a side effect.
                I do a variation of your diet, red wine and chillie.(no baked beans mind, but whatever else is in the fridge) Cold chillie for brekkie's ok too. I enjoy the diet but I've only managed to lose 3lb in six month, time for a re-think methinks!!!!

PS My paintings crap also!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X