No announcement yet.

favourite food

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a snack, cheese on toast with a little sprinkle of paprika.
    For a main meal its 50/50 between thai green (homemade) or a nice fillet beef steak (medium rare to rare) and chips with fried toms and mushrooms.

Comment

Home fried haddock and chips, mushy peas cooked in bacon juice, elephant garlic slices deep fried in batter, sprinkled with rough ground rock salt and and pickled onion/garlic recycled vinegar. A side of Morrison's sunflower & pumpkin extra thick sliced wholemeal + 2/3 bottles of Old Peculiar. Heaven
      Family motto "semper in excretum"

Comment

Thai Green Curry, Prawn Arabiatta or Chilli Con Carne (at it's best the 2nd day)

@dammad49, like your sig, presumably "sed alta variat'
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

My OH makes a balti curry that has beetroot in it as one of the main ingredients and it's really yummy.Come to think of it we haven't had it for a while,soon as he's over this 'orrible swine flu will have to get him in the kitchin!!
          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

perhaps you could then give us the recipe lettucegrow and lettucecook it too
            Last edited by doc; 26-07-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

What a hard thing to choose - I love so many dishes for so many different reasons.

I love seafood anywhere: lobster, crab, prawns, brown shrimps, john dorey (fish I know) samphire, whelks, winkles (cheeky!) cockles, anything really.

In Spain I used to buy packets of ready cooked baby eels (Nicos, I think it's a French dish) with garlic and loved a loved a local dish of pasta and squid ink, and tapas of course. ( and I make a particularly good Paella)

Greece has to be a simple but delisous dish: fresh chopped toms marinated with garlic, local olive oil, parsley and feta served on fried homemade pitta breads served up with Sardines or Sprats. Heaven!

I love my Grans cooking cos she's no longer around to cook it and my mum makes the best spag bog in the world, and this is a stretch I know, but I'm looking forward to the very first toast my little un makes for my 1st ever breakfast in bed from her!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X