Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the strangest present you've ever been bought?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the strangest present you've ever been bought?

DH ordered me a chrome rail to go down the front of Henry the MGs bumper - unknown to me. It arrived yesterday - huge long parcel. I opened it in eager anticipation...............to find the chrome rail securely packaged inside a piece of drainpipe. I was very happy with the chrome rail, but even more excited by the drainpipe! I can use it for my celery! What about that two presents in one.

What's the strangest present you've ever had?

I'm currently thinking of the others DH bought me over the years - but over to you guys!
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

My dad once bought me a matching set of hubcaps for my old fiesta. They where quite pricey.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Not strange to me, but my birthday present from number 1 son is usually a bale of multipurpose compost with a ribbon on the top (My birthday is 30th March so it's just in time for sowing and potting)

Comment

I don't tell people my boyfriend bought me a soil moisture meter for my birthday
        There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Early Christmas morning and I'm seven years old. There is a big dark shape in the middle of the bedroom I share with my sister that I am sure is a fire engine. I can hardly contain my excitement!
          Alas, the slow advent of the light and removal of the brown paper revealed a school desk that my father had made - not a beautiful thing in the first place, but it was painted a sort of milk chocolate brown and was hideous.
          Oh, how I regret that fire engine!
          Last edited by annacruachan; 01-08-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

OH and I got matching cartoon figurines of traffic officers holding speed cameras from my mother in law. Suprisingly enough they have never made it out of the box. Didn't go down well at all as OH has had 28 points in total during his driving career - he has learnt the hard way about driving slower!

She also bought me this year a soap in the shape of a badger - or thats what the label said!
            Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
            Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Probably a ton of gravel.......I did request it though, as I had just dug my pond.

Jules
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

For a wedding present off my brother ... an ironing board cover
                http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

A clock with ugly pigs at each number !
                  It was a 40th birthday present from my sons GF. I did used to collect 'nice' pigs but it was hideous!
                  Shamed to say I was a bit tiddly from celebrating and let out ' What the F%*$ is that? to 'shooshing' from my son !
                  BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                  Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

2 boxes of really cheap chocolates and a floppy disc box for Christmas from my (now ex) husband about 20 years ago
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

My Sister in Law for about 4 years got me a jumper every christmas......Sized Small....and I was 19 stone. Then would ask me the next time she saw me why I wasn't wearing it.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

An electric blue alarm clock in the shape of a mosque with gold sparkly bits that played the call to prayer very, very loudly.
                        I loved it, and someone else got rid of it.Booo!!

Comment

A chap that was quite keen on me years ago left a guinea pig in a box outside the door of my flat. No cage. straw, food, etc - just a guinea pig in a box.

Comment

When my children were small they used to buy me perfume from the pound shop!!! Of course i was suitably thankful and praised them up. Then I used to quietly pour away little drops from the bottle until it was empty. They laugh about it now but at the time they never copped on.

Last year they bought me bokashi bins and bran between them - a great present.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

The first present an ex boyfriend got me was a bag of sprouts!...he knew I liked them!
                              Andi was far more romantic & my first pressie from him was a little stone he found with a fairy on it!
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X