No announcement yet.

fabulous fabric

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jules that's all beautiful....and just how organised is your work room?!
    I too have several stashes...an old tin trunk full & a couple of boxes up in the loft,maybe you've just given me the inspiration to get it all out & have a play!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Never could take to Kaffe Fasset's fabrics but I have loads of Timeless Treasures and Michael Miller and Robert Kaufmann stuff. I sometimes get it out and stroke it. My name's Flummery and I'm a clothaholic!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

.... and it's infectious.... You and your quilts.... you got me to try.... I now have a fledgling stash and some rather dodgey lap quilts!
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Julesapple, please can I come live with you? I ain't no trouble at all....
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

WOW Guys - I have serious hobby envy going on here!!

I love Kaffe Fassette and Henry Alexander material and have 2 lovely US sites I get my fabric from if any one wants their addresses, I highly recommend them.

I'm looking for plain and inexpensive cottons if any one can help - I have a patchwork quilt needing to be finished off.

Julesappl - blimey lady your stuff is blooming fab! I LOVE the rabbit - willing to share the book name with me? Or how much do you charge for them?
            Last edited by lizzylemon; 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Julesapple, please can I come live with you? I ain't no trouble at all....

Please do...bring the blue shed...I'm running out of fabric stash room!

Jules
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
                I'm looking for plain and inexpensive cottons if any one can help
                eBay?
                although I don't find it cheap, you can find some nice little bits and pieces

Comment

eBay?
                  although I don't find it cheap, you can find some nice little bits and pieces
                  Try ebay USA!

Where we would be paying £10 a metre here, they pay $10. It was $1.60 to the £ the other day, so it's quite a saving if you work it out and if the seller uses Global Priority Envelopes you can get (depending on the seller) between 6 and 8 yards per envelope for $13, so shipping isn't too bad either. And, you can get just about anything on fabrics over there.

When I'm at fairs I quite often have to explain bunting to US tourists. I told one lady all about it after she had admired some of my bunting and she looked very thoughtful, and then asked if I had any with American football teams on......! I have to say, I draw the line at Elvis, Wizard of Oz etc on fabrics, but each to his own.

Jules
                  Jules

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                    Try ebay USA!

Where we would be paying £10 a metre here, they pay $10.
                    I know
                    ... but you can get stung for import tax

Comment

Wow what a great topic! I am in serious danger of relapsing into my own clothaholism here (been straight for almost 8 years now but started to relapse last weekend whilst making a dress for a friend in the most awesome fabric from america and I got to keep the leftovers for my trouble, this thread could be the tipping point for me....)
                      Julesapple your crafts are amazing! I LOVE the bunting! that is the jolliest craft stall I have ever seen.

Love the 'Fruity Ladies' on that EBay fabric site too........ oh dear.............
                      There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

I know
                        ... but you can get stung for import tax
                        Packages are picked at random by C&E. I think I've only been knobbled for tax three times in four years and I buy a lot. I just try not to exceed the £18 limit.

Jules
                        Jules

Comment

Julesapple.... what are the large fabric strawberries for?

I have a strange hankering to own some

Comment

Cushions....

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                            Julesapple.... what are the large fabric strawberries for?

I have a strange hankering to own some
                            They are big strawberry cushions, scented too. I also make tiny wee strawberries to hang in wardrobes or wherever you fancy. You can see the littles ones next to the cushions.

Jules
                            Last edited by julesapple; 03-08-2009, 08:23 PM.
                            Jules

Comment

Now while I appreciate where you girls are coming from, I don't quite get fabric. I have a huge wool stash though - anyone with me on that?
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                                ... anyone with me on that?
                                nope - can't stand the bits up my nose, but used to do lots of it
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X