My darling sons

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    hehe - can you call a 35 year old 'a boy'? I guess you can, cos I feel non-grown-up at 53
    I with Nog on this one says I just coming back from shops supposedly for plasters with, 2 bags of red and black (half price), 1 big bag of Minstrels and a bag of mini jelly babies

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
      He is a boy.....therefore he likes sweets...buy him some pick and mix or a bag of mars bars.

Always worked for me.
      Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      hehe - can you call a 35 year old 'a boy'? I guess you can, cos I feel non-grown-up at 53
      Originally posted by TEB View Post
      I with Nog on this one says I just coming back from shops supposedly for plasters with, 2 bags of red and black (half price), 1 big bag of Minstrels and a bag of mini jelly babies
      Now you see Madmax wouldn't be delighted with that at all - he would rather a gallon of oil, or a 45 single or a replacement vacuum tube for the jukeboxes (he does enjoy an occasional bit of choccie though)
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

It sounds like quite a special visit, Piskie - I'd go with the lovely meal and maybe a trip out somewhere. To me, a meal is the best present.

Along the way you might come across something small that you could give him (memento of the visit).

Good wishes.
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

A lot of water has gone under the bridge there Piskie.
          I would settle for the Red Snapper and getting to know each other.
          Sincere best wishes that it works out well for you all.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thanks all very very much

It really is going so so very well, I feel I couldn't be given anything else in the world now that could make me happier.
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

Theres not much a 35 year old will want that he hasn't already bought or decided it probably would be a waste of money. The cookery book is a good idea but as a recpient myself of a Jamie Oliver/Hugh FW/Gordon Ramsey/Rick Stein book for the last 5 years he might have a few already. It feels like its only a matter of time until the year they suddenly become slippers. I was going to add M&S lambswool jumpers but I realise I've had a couple of these already (plus I do actually really quite like them).

To be honest you can't beat home cooking by your Mum. There is something that means it just is the best food in the world and for me that would be more than enough.
              http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Matt. View Post
                To be honest you can't beat home cooking by your Mum. There is something that means it just is the best food in the world and for me that would be more than enough.
                You've obviously never met my Mum!

Speaking as a nearly 34 year old myself I'd quite like this book please:

"What to Eat Now": Amazon.co.uk: Valentine Warner: Books

How's about getting a photo of the three of you framed?
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Piskie, I'll bet having his Mum back in his life is the best pressie of all.
                  Cook him the red snapper and as some of the others have suggested perhaps a great day out, his choice your treat, make some memories! good luck hun!
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I bet you're all really excited about the visit Piskie & I'm sure you cooking the meal is all he wants but I'd just get something as a little token gift or maybe just make him a cake & something homemade he can take back with him.
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Less is more - have you thought about - say - a really tiny pot of homemade jam for him to take away....

Comment

A tiny tiny tiny pot................

Me being a lover of good food would settle for a nice restaurant 'treat' - yum
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

Speaking as a nearly 34 year old myself I'd quite like this book please:

"What to Eat Now": Amazon.co.uk: Valentine Warner: Books
                          You can have mine Wayne, I've opened it once since Christmas, which was quite enough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X