Dont know what to do...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shame AllotmentLady.
    Problems like that just reach a stage where they are unsolvable.
    I would rescue what I could and get out of there.
    It really isn't worth the candle you would spend on it.
    Hope all goes well for you.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Video the old goat when he is in full flow, then call the police, this is verbal assault.

MG

Comment

Our local District Council has a Allotment Offficer who are paid to deal with issues like this, who can deal with issues if the Allotment commitee is unable/unwilling to help,even if you are leaving it may be worth sending a complaint to the council hopefully he will get chucked off his allotment and prevent anyone else having to put up with him.
        if the Allotment Officer is not willing to intervene you can complain to the council.
        Last edited by enrich100; 08-08-2009, 09:36 PM.
        Thought For The Day
        If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
        Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Poor you, it's just not fair. Some people are complete AHoles and deserve a good dose of the trots miles from the nearest loo!

I think leaving is too the best idea, just because it's low on your personal list of priorities and the worry is using energy that you should be using to get better with.

Perhaps when you leave, you might like to either prepare a fairwell speech for your leaving party, or type a letter to go to the lottie holders, staring with something like....

As some of you know, I've been very poorly with ......... just recently and I so I'd thank everyone here who's gone out of their way to help. In particular Mr Blah Blah who couldn't have gone out of his way to make me and my family feel less welcome.....

Shame him I say - cheap shot others might say, works either way.

Comment

I don't think it is as simple as it sounds; I'm not going to go into the ins and outs [it's all on the Vine somewhere] but he basically 'got in first' and accused Mo of all sorts so it makes it look like she is in the wrong all the time; and the lottie officer/s are obviously not wanting to take sides when they should have kicked this ignorant old duffer off when he trashed Mo's stuff at the start. He hasn't even worked the lottie for 2 years, she has done all the work and bought all the gear, and she hasn't touched his stuff....even though he trashed hers. It was the lottie officer/s who told her to make a new gate to avoid using his!

I think it is best to cut all losses and get all the stuff off ASAP, even if it means losing the greenhouse. Mo - your health is so much more important than a greenhouse hon.

I'd take the gate though and leave the pallet - use the gate for half the side of a compost bin. Just because.
            Last edited by zazen999; 08-08-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Mo just take what you can. You really dont need the c***p he is giving you. He isnt worth the energy. Hugs.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

O sweet heart, i've just been reading about your plight, the nasty old barstool, what gives him the right to be such a git, i really wish i lived closer, i'd love to help you get your things out of his way..what the hell is his problem? Is his life sooo sad and empty that he has to bully someone who quite obversely isn't in the best of health, the nasty, nasty man.
                You keep your head held high and your dignity in one piece, and you'll have the last laugh. xxx HUG xxx

Comment

If he's being verbally abusive then I would record it with a dictaphone.. some mobile phones have this option. Test it but you'll probably find in your pocket or a canvas bag where they can't see will pick up speech.

That gives the allotment society proof that what you are saying is true. Particularly if your also on tape ignoring or only being polite. Even if he claims you started it/did something wrong his current actions should get him chucked out.

Might also be worth talking to the local community support police officer. What he's doing could count as harassment and damaging your property criminal damage. They may be able to put a bit of pressure on the allotment society to take action.

Have a look at what the contact says, does it set out what tenants can and can't do and what action they should take. Ask to see the rule book if you haven't already so you know what they should do. If you haven't already put your complaint in writing. It tends to get taken more seriously. If it's a council one I would also copy the letter to the higher ups.

Comment

The little devil on my shoulder is yelling put weed killer in his water butt
                    thank god I don't listen to him

I could never do it but sometimes its nice to dream about them getting what they deserve
                    Thought For The Day

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                      The little devil on my shoulder is yelling put weed killer in his water butt
                      thank god I don't listen to him

I could never do it but sometimes its nice to dream about them getting what they deserve
                      Have to say, enrich, I LIKE YOUR STYLE!

Don't get 'ansty' the old bleep deserves it FFS!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'd get my stuff off, then glypho the whole plot "just to leave it tidy, like"

but then I am a vindictive cow like that
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

Or if you want to be really vindictive use pathclear

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

I'm with you on this one; how Mo hasn't trashed the lot is beyond me. She's too nice for her own good.

Comment

I've just caught up with thread and don't know the whole story but AL can you get some bods (big, burly, scary looking bods) down and remove everything - dismantle the greenhouse, clear the site. Call in a few favours. If you don't have room to store the greenhouse I'm sure one of your friends will have spare room in their garden. Then pop down to Poundland and get cheap weedkiller - the real toxic stuff - and PROPERLY clear the site. From what I can see it isn't only this nasty old duffer that's at fault, it is the sh*te stirrer that calls him everytime you appear.

Comment

I see that the Little Devil on my shoulder talks to you all too
                                Thought For The Day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X