No announcement yet.

The Great Grape Get Together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not every grape is going to be able to make it, but selecting somewhere that most could reasonably get to must make sense?

It's for a similar reason that the BBC Gardeners World thingy is held at the NEC in Birmingham and/or Earls Court. There's a large concentration of people in the South East, and B'Ham is pretty "central" for the rest. At a guess.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Ooh I love a good 'do, count me in

I don't really mind where it is, I'll travel. It would be great if the magazine got behind the idea, but if they don't, maybe a more long term approach is needed... perhaps several smaller regional 'Grapestocks' in 2010 to see how things work out, then use that experience to organise the full on National Grapestock the year after...?
      There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

[QUOTE=FROSTYFRECKLE;514310]I won't mind travelling a bit - say north(ish) England Hubby and I could make it a wee break Sorry but I don't camp anymore beastiesQUOTE]

I used to hate camping coz of beasties but our modern tent seems to keep them out.

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        "Grapestock 2010"

I can see it now.

Wonder if Pearl Jam would provide the music - I'll have a word on Tuesday.
        Love the Grapestock idea Wayne.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

I can't see the magazine getting heavily involved... Could be wrong, but...

I might be able to throw open the gates to my dad's field, he said it was ok for this year, but then my stoopid foot isn't healing very fast. I don't think he'd want stalls and that sort of shenanigans though, just peeps and tents. It is only 10 minutes away from LBS Garden Warehouse though, so good shopping to be had

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            I can't see the magazine getting heavily involved... Could be wrong, but...

I might be able to throw open the gates to my dad's field, he said it was ok for this year, but then my stoopid foot isn't healing very fast. I don't think he'd want stalls and that sort of shenanigans though, just peeps and tents. It is only 10 minutes away from LBS Garden Warehouse though, so good shopping to be had
            And central enough. I vote for Sarz dad's field!
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I reckon it'd be a laff, difficulty overnights though with animals
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Sounds good to me - count me in.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea or bunch of ideas here! What about linking in to an already arranged event - i.e The gardeners world at Birmingham or similar?
                  BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                  Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                    Sounds like a good idea or bunch of ideas here! What about linking in to an already arranged event - i.e The gardeners world at Birmingham or similar?
                    Nice idea.
                    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                    Snadger - Director of Poetry
                    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

People witrh animals would have problems. OK our 2 hounds sleep in the car when we travel, and we could still camp the odd night, but when weather is fit for camping, OH tends to be reluctant to forego work.....

I like the idea of trying to get several 'regional' ones, perhaps all the same date, or maybe make it a 'roadshow', with each region being followed by the next one along a 'route', so those with the time and enthusiasm could go to several (and tell the next one what the last one was like)?
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Deffo, count me in. Don't care where, have car, will travel .

Several different meets doesn't meet the criteria as we want to meet the people we talk to on the 'vine. Needs to be BIG meet. Skipton sounds good. I don't do camping. Several enforced camps in my yoof have given me a lifelong hatred. I'll do posher nearby.

Peeps wiv animals must get away at other times, so they must have fallback care or do they never go away(I don't have any at the mo, but have had for most of my life).

I realise that we have a number of grapes who live in far-flung regions, but shirley a meeting of as many as can get there should be good .
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

I'll bring Bean - and won't charge for cuddles.
                          Last edited by HeyWayne; 13-08-2009, 04:08 PM.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

HW - you'd make a fortune at 50p a cuddle with Bean

Comment

sounds like a brill idea to me would love to meet everyone if only to be nosey dont like the idea of a tent though would a caravan be ok in the field if not i can find a b&b close by can i be the first on the list for BEAN i'll give 50p no problem

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                                ohh but what about the falkland and Aussie grapes? Mauritius anyone?
                                Yes please!!!! I'd love to camp out on a beach there!!
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X