The Great Grape Get Together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great idea HW......
    just been looking at map..central to most of the grapes, including grapes over the border in "Scotland" is "Leeds" or there's "York", all have large areas for camping/caravan's, and lots of B&B's for the grapes who don't like camping/caravan's, both offer really good link roads,....just a thought . I'd love to put face's to names, OH's not bothered, but nutty wine/cider making neighbour's up for it .
    Could i book myself in for a "Bean Cuddle" please????

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
      Just seen the details for next years GW at Birmingham.

Show Info | BBC Gardeners World Live
      Well if you want to make a week of it there is a field that will be going spare at Long Marston if Warwickshire police have there way the Hells Angels will not be using it....jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
        What a great idea HW......
        just been looking at map..central to most of the grapes, including grapes over the border in "Scotland" is "Leeds" or there's "York", all have large areas for camping/caravan's, and lots of B&B's for the grapes who don't like camping/caravan's, both offer really good link roads,....just a thought . I'd love to put face's to names, OH's not bothered, but nutty wine/cider making neighbour's up for it .
        Could i book myself in for a "Bean Cuddle" please????
        Some of those in Scotland have to travel 300 miles before even reaching England, and a fair proportion of it on single-carriageway roads. There are Grapes remote from any 'central' area in pretty near all directions.
        Most places with good accomodation capacity get full in summer, and a lot of them close down in the winter.
        I am among the lucky ones in terms of accessibility to many parts of the country (North Wales and East Anglia are among the places that are tiresome to get to from here), but OH hates spending money on petrol, and even more hates missing work (especially in the current econimic climate, but that may improve by next year... perhaps).
        Not anti the idea, just making sure we all know about the challenges to be overcome in doing it.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Sounds fab - have Caravan, will travel!

Just make sure it doesn't clash with any Motorhome/Caravan Shows, or I'll have no one to look after the animals. Mustn't clash with any Land Rover shows either! Mind you, DH can always get a tent and go to them on his own LOL!
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 14-08-2009, 08:25 AM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

maybe some regional ones would be good - on the same day/ weekend? we could post up some pics and we could do a bring and swap veg/ jams/ chutneys etc......have a common theme?? maybe a bit of a veg growing comp?

If we do a large one we could always video conference our international contingent!!!
            Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
            Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
            Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

"If you build it - they will come"

I understand it's going to take quite a bit or organising - that's why I'm suggesting getting something started now, so that hopefully it'll all run smoovly on the day.

I also understand that not every grape will be able to make it but hopefully it's something that, if successful will happen again - maybe in a different location. I know there have already been several little get-togethers but I thought it might be a nice idea to get as many together as possible in one place, at one time.

There will undoubtedly be people who can't make it, people who have to cancel nearer the event, but fingers crossed we end up with a bladdy good show of people - all getting along, having fun and maybe having a little Pimms or three.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                "If you build it - they will come"

I understand it's going to take quite a bit or organising - that's why I'm suggesting getting something started now, so that hopefully it'll all run smoovly on the day.

I also understand that not every grape will be able to make it but hopefully it's something that, if successful will happen again - maybe in a different location. I know there have already been several little get-togethers but I thought it might be a nice idea to get as many together as possible in one place, at one time.

There will undoubtedly be people who can't make it, people who have to cancel nearer the event, but fingers crossed we end up with a bladdy good show of people - all getting along, having fun and maybe having a little Pimms or three.
                Why a little Pimms?
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Wayne,sorry if my first post seemed negative....guess cos I'm carp at organising,I assume anything that may need some is impossible!
                  Think it's a great idea & we'd definately be up for it!...but only if the Pimms are large ones!
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Anyone for.....

....a Homemade chocolates stall and a home textiles stall?

If it's not too far away and we aren't at a fair on those dates, the OH and I will bring tents to camp and our stalls. Hmmm...think we'd need to hire a van.

We can also ask any of our crafters who live near enough if they want to come. Everything we have at our fairs is homemade.

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      Wayne,sorry if my first post seemed negative....guess cos I'm carp at organising,I assume anything that may need some is impossible!
                      Think it's a great idea & we'd definately be up for it!...but only if the Pimms are large ones!
                      If it was negative I didn't notice.

In my experience of organising anything you always get "objections" or "problems" being highlighted. The idea is to find solutions to these and go from there.

I guess I'm stepping above my station with this, but thought it might be a neat idea. I see it as being informal and easy going - a bit like me.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

I guess I'm stepping above my station with this, but thought it might be a neat idea. I see it as being informal and easy going - a bit like me.
                        You mean; we're having a get together, we've chosen a location in the middle of the Grape map.....and everyone Grapewise is welcome.....come along if you can and bring some food and drink.......and jams and jellies and chutneys and excess courgettes for anyone who didn't manage to grow any......

That sort of thing?

Comment

Unless it is held around the same time as my sister's wedding, I probably won't be able to come and join you but I think it's a brilliant idea Wayne.

I will be with you all in spirit though and I'll have great fun looking at all the photies.
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Rats: I was hoping you were suggesting a field in France for a get together.......

*goes into corner and sulks

[Not that Yorks isn't lovely....but you know......]
                            Last edited by zazen999; 14-08-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              You mean; we're having a get together, we've chosen a location in the middle of the Grape map.....and everyone Grapewise is welcome.....come along if you can and bring some food and drink.......and jams and jellies and chutneys and excess courgettes for anyone who didn't manage to grow any......

That sort of thing?
                              Preee-cisely!

Ok, here's where we are currently:

Date: August Bank holiday
                              Location: Sarz's Dad's field oop North (Near Skipton)

I'm sure we can rustle up a couple of oil drums and get some wood burning.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Oooh,I've never been up North...is it foriegn?
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X