Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happybunny View Post
    Yeah. Got school. No can do.
    I think at this stage hb we're only aiming for that weekend - not necessarily the Bank Holiday.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
      I think at this stage hb we're only aiming for that weekend - not necessarily the Bank Holiday.
      Will talk to mum about it, it's just travelling back up.
      Stacey x ♫

Comment

For non-campers;

Stone Head House, Bed and Breakfast, Nr. Lothersdale & Cowling, Pennine Way (B&B)

The Alma Inn, Laneshawbridge | Accommodation (Lovely pub with rooms)

Both about 5 mins drive away, as I don't drink I could probably ferry people around

I think there's a couple of other B&B's in Lothersdale (nearest village), I'll find out and post details on here.

Comment

Can't come on that weekend. I'm away the whole weekend, same every bank hol weekend in August. Lob some slugs for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
            Well, I'm up for it. Mr PB is sitting on the fence at the mo, but if he won't come I'm sure us Kent girls (me, BumbleB and Sonata and anyone else of course), could join forces and drive up together.
            Ooh, thats an idea. I have been chatting to OH and we/I are definate maybes! Its difficult to say a firm yes for something so far ahead but I think its a brill idea. I will keep an eye as things progress with the threads.
            BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
            Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Chocolate Brownie and I will deffo not miss out
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by happybunny View Post
                Yeah. Got school. No can do.
                Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                Can't come on that weekend. I'm away the whole weekend, same every bank hol weekend in August. Lob some slugs for me.
                Bummer I did vaguely contemplate the end of May BH, but a) that's a busy time on the lottie, and b) it can still get bladdy cold overnight up there in May/ early June.
                Last edited by SarzWix; 14-08-2009, 03:54 PM.

Comment

His Lordship has just mentioned that Sarah's dad may need a camping permit???????????? Don't look at me *throws arms out wide....
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Might he? Just for a one off? We used to go camping in a farmer friend's field every BH for years and years (with other families) and he never had a permit...?

Comment

• Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                      His Lordship has just mentioned that Sarah's dad may need a camping permit???????????? Don't look at me *throws arms out wide....
                      Up to 5 Caravans - no planning permission needed.

Over that, well, don't tell anyone! We'll all be good won't we LOL
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• What about tents? Do they need permits? I'm hoping that there won't be a proliferation of caravans coz there's a chance they'll get stuck if it rains, plus most of the field has a gentle slope.
                        Can't see Pops being ecstatic at the field getting chewed up
                        And I really don't want to have to start applying for permits if I can get away with not doing... I don't think we're the type of people to start sueing each other are we?!
                        Last edited by SarzWix; 14-08-2009, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Sorry...my boring hat's back!
                          It would probably be best if you/your dad could get some kind of Public liability that would cover over night guests?We all seem a lovely bunch,but it wouldn't be good for your dad if one good grape turned sour after twisting their ankle in a rabbit hole!(Sorry...like I said,everyone on here seems good'ns,but best be safe!)
                          I'm assuming any costs in setting it up would be offset by a suggested voluntary contribution...which if you didn't volunteer willingly then you're not invited!
                          I'll admit to not knowing but I'd guess your dad could get away without a permit as long as he's not charging???
                          I've already admitted to not being particularly organised,nor very clever,but if there's anything I can do to help!
                          OOOoh...just had an idea,we could all (or those so inclined)make some pretty bunting!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• I think Sarz is looking at the ins and outs and insurance has got to be part of it.....so a ticket charge can be calculated once the homework is done we are trying to find out how many have an interest on another thread.....But it would be to cover costs not to make a profit which is why we need to know numbers......

I don't think it can be caravans, just tents and peeps for the day or at a B&B; and it will have to be ticket only....to cover the toilet and insurance charges.....

Comment

• I'll have a look into it, Dad's insurance brokers are pretty good, they should be able to sort something out. It might make things like having a bonfire out of bounds/very costly though. Perhaps I could just make you all sign a Disclaimer on the way in...

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                                I'll have a look into it, Dad's insurance brokers are pretty good, they should be able to sort something out. It might make things like having a bonfire out of bounds/very costly though. Perhaps I could just make you all sign a Disclaimer on the way in...
                                No perhaps about it; I suspect if you get insurance then permits will follow and it will get out of hand..........peeps might have to take a chance and/or claim on their own insurance if anything goes wrong.

After all, it's just some people meeting up with some tents innit.........it's the loos that might cause the problem as they might need insurance details before they leave any on site.
                                Last edited by zazen999; 14-08-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X