No announcement yet.

The Great Grape Get Together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point, I'll check. These: Convenience Hire - Portable / Mobile Toilet Hire are just up the road, so I'll try them first

Comment

• don't know if it will apply,but on camping sites there is a set space between each tent,only for fire regulations,
      each tent will have a vehicle,parking,by tent or a designated parking area,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• bless the Romans ... whatever possessed them to bequeath their beaurocratic tape to us!
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
          don't know if it will apply,but on camping sites there is a set space between each tent,only for fire regulations,
          each tent will have a vehicle,parking,by tent or a designated parking area,
          Ailsasyl here can't be too much of an issue you only have to look at Glastonbury crammed in like sardines!! We may be able to come I'm sure HB can miss school on the monday an maybe the friday as well depending on how long to travel and if folk are camping sat ans sun night or fri sat and sun

Lol, Stacey here - may be able to come as mum said - YAYS
          Last edited by happybunny; 14-08-2009, 06:19 PM.
          Stacey x ♫

Comment

• I didn't buy a Caravan so I could sleep in a bladdy tent - not with my back! Don't need a loo or electric hook-up either - we're self sufficient. Will need water, but more than willing to barter/exchange for alcohol Disclaimers will be signed happily, and the field will deffo not be churned up! DH will happily cook for anyone who needs it too - it's what he usually does (but don't tell him I offered LOL ).

I know, some folk just don't like Caravans .
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Tis all jealousy G4 Not sure if my broken body would take sleeping on the floor either, but I'll be on a decent airbed, or I'll sneak in and pinch me dad's spare room

Great news Ailsasyl and HB

Comment

• Ailsasyl and HB - yeah you'll be there

Comment

• Tis a long way off but provisionally will definitely come with OH. Don't do tents but have caravan. If need be will book in at a nearby site. Will have to book early as it is bank holiday and also (if they still have it) Whitby folk week.

Ian

Comment

• I don't do tents but I will for this Chocolate Brownie will have to help me put it up tho

I bagsy the spot next to G4
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      ...We used to go camping in a farmer friend's field every BH for years and years (with other families) and he never had a permit...?
                      I'm guessing that was before 'elfnSafety

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      What about tents? Do they need permits?
                      No permit needed for me, I don't do tents, I'll most likely be finding the nearst B&B/Inn - I may rough it on a throbbing Harley but it stops there

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                      I don't do tents but I will for this
                      brave girl

Sarz, a pal of mine organises events for corporate etc, I will ask him what's what - it may help
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

• Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
                        Ooh, thats an idea. I have been chatting to OH and we/I are definate maybes! Its difficult to say a firm yes for something so far ahead but I think its a brill idea. I will keep an eye as things progress with the threads.
                        Excellent! I/we will be in a tent, would you be camping too?

Comment

• Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post

No permit needed for me, I don't do tents, I'll most likely be finding the nearst B&B/Inn - I may rough it on a throbbing Harley but it stops there
                          I braved it in a tent once as an adult....my pillow was a half full bottle of cider; my sleeping bag was taken by my bf at the time as he turned over 5 mins after going to sleep [it was a double], the zip unzipped and I was left with just my feet in the bag; the ravers around us were shouting until at least 4am and then the early birds got up and started shouting; and it was one of the coldest most miserable nights of my life.

I slept in the car for the next 2 nights [it was my first Reading Festival]....and we hired a boat the next year and for many years afterwards and showered every day. Lush.

Never Again.

Comment

• I've just posted a message about this on our 'Kent GYOers' social group too, just incase this thread gets missed by any of them.

Comment

• The camping permit thing may only apply when there are more than a certain number of days 'camping' on that site (I know there is something about 3 days a year, but no idea what the details are), or if camping is charged for.
                              There may be a way round the insurance and loo-hire costs, perhaps by contributing to a 'common fund' for the purpose, rather than buying tickets from the landowner (ie, a technical loophole which means we are not 'paying to camp', even though we hand over money to cover expenses of providing the field).
                              I believe the music festivals get round it by charging for the entertainment, and the camping etc is thrown in free? I'm not sure whether a variation on this idea is viable for Grapestock, unless we pay a 'membership fee' for being part of it?
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• I've been discussing this with OH, and he mentioned that at one time there was talk of needing police consent for meetings of over a certain number of people.
                                Does anyone know whether the clowns in the Westminster Gasworks actually put this into law?
                                If so, it might make things more complicated....
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X