The Great Grape Get Together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
    Excellent! I/we will be in a tent, would you be camping too?
    We dont have a tent. We would look at B & B's although OH has thought about converting his van to a camper.
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

• Caravan Sites - Caravan Sites - Craven District Council

I've just been reading this, and I've sent an email to the relevant person asking for advice.

If I've read it correctly, and we have to apply for Planning Permission and a License just to be allowed a caravan on the field, then I'm really sorry, but it'll be no caravans. My dad doesn't exactly have a great relationship with the local planning officers...

This is just down the road though, and might be an alternative if necessary
      Springs Caravan Park >
      Tel: 01535 632533 - Springs Farm, Lothersdale, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 8HH

Comment

• what about showers? ya know cleaning oneself?
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

• Hi.

I'm moving all chat questions from the counting thread onto here; as it is difficult to count everyone amongst the chat.

AL: showers.....no idea. I'm guessing we'll have to wait until we gt to the B&B or Hotel or home.....

Comment

• hmmmm a smelly grape fest lol......

Comment

• Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
              what about showers? ya know cleaning oneself?
              There'll be a hose-pipe...

Comment

• can i be in charge of it then??????????? :-)

Comment

• If - and that's a big if, the weather is good, you should be able to rig up a sort of solar shower.

All you need is a plastic (preferably see through) container left out in the sun with a shower attachment and, at the end of of the day you should have a warm water shower.
                  Last edited by scarey55; 15-08-2009, 05:47 PM.
                  A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• I'm sure we'll all cope washing with a bowl of warm water, some soap and a flannel, just for a day or so...? If we have a campfire going, we're all going to stink of smoke anyway

Comment

• I'm sure we won't rot for a couple of days, son no2 goes to a friends for the day, no spare clothes, ends up staying the week, he and they survive
                      At least you are talking toilets, we've been camping without those facilities too, DD was horrified, but did manage
                      What is really amazing is OH has agreed to drive, and sleep in the tent with me . He says the camping is a major part of these things, so wouldn't expect us to stay anywhere else.
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Top camping tip: Buy a large packet of Baby-wipes! They are just fab for washing when there's no showering facilities! You'll wonder how you ever managed without them!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          Top camping tip: Buy a large packet of Baby-wipes! They are just fab for washing when there's no showering facilities! You'll wonder how you ever managed without them!
                          Never travel without them. There's always a pack in the car

Comment

• Oh, we'll have plenty of wet wipes - we'll have an 18 month (ish) old with us.

We're considering 2 options:

a) Bean and I camp in a tent whilst LadyWayne stays in a B&B
                            b) We all stay in a B&B

The latter is probably the most likely as we don't have any camping gear, so it would cost the price of a night in a B&B anyway.

Long time off, but lots to organise.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

• Ah but once you have the camping gear you can use it time and time again Wayne. I'm sure Bean would love to camp

Comment

• Having just had a trial run of getting all the gear into the trailer !!!!! ready for tomorrow I might say go B&B LOL. My OH likes his luxuary and we have 3 moon chairs for sitting in. a huge tent 6mtrs by 4 mtrs when up,(we can stand upstraight in it ) a gazebo for cooking in, all the plates, cups, bowls, cutlery, cooking stuff, and and and !!!! mind you we used to have a People carrier and got it all in there, we changed the car for a Meriva and bought a trailer with an extension top and now it all fits in so only us and the suitcases for the boot, as long as the car doesnt end up with the front in the air cos of the weight in the trailer we will be ok. LOL
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X