The Great Grape Get Together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    don't know if it will apply,but on camping sites there is a set space between each tent,only for fire regulations,
    each tent will have a vehicle,parking,by tent or a designated parking area,
    Also you need the space for the guy ropes or else we will all have each others tent pegs inside the tents either side of us lol. Maybe we should do what we did as kids bung old sheets over a washing line lol. If we have room for it we may have a spare tent for someone to borrow, it sleeps 4 maybe 6 ( cant remember ) but you cant stand up straight in it. No good for heywayne.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

• I'm back

& well up for it - any one thought about sponsorship (or did I miss that ) - I'm willing to look into that.

May be a good time to resurrect the 'grapes garment' idea we talked about last year

Cheers

NKP
      NKP1962
      The Allotment Directory - coming soon (watch this space!)
      Movember - I am growing a 'tache in support of men's health

Comment

• VERY good point SW!

We'll also have room for a couple of passengers with luggage too.

I really hope this happens, and that everyone doesn't whimp out! Actually, I'm usually VERY unsociable, but when some of us met up at Wisley earlier this year, I really enjoyed it. RedThorn and Irie Jan were great company to and fro (if they managed to get a word in edgeways LOL), and Hashette, Stormin Norman, HilaryB, BarleySugar, Dottie, and the others (REALLY sorry (I've had a drink or 2 now) I can't remember everyone I met ) were really interesting to meet, and we all (I think!) had a great day.

It's not long ago that I used to laugh at people who met 'friends' on the internet, but I suppose it's progress, innit?

What am I saying, I haven't even mentioned it to my DH yet!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackie j View Post
          Also you need the space for the guy ropes or else we will all have each others tent pegs inside the tents either side of us lol. .
          Our one lasting memory of the Clarecraft/Discworld event (apart for meeting Mr Pratchett himself), was arriving back at our tent after having a couple of hours looking around at everything, to find someone had pitched their tent practically ontop of ours! The owner was lying in her doorway reading a book, head inside her tent and feet inside ours!! My OH nearly went spare . It did kind of ruin the weekend, and we left early the following morning coz we just couldn't bear such close neighbours - there was a whole field she could have pitched up in!!

So, sensible spacing of tents is a must for happy camping, please. I adore you all, but I don't want your feet in my tent thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
            Our one lasting memory of the Clarecraft/Discworld event (apart for meeting Mr Pratchett himself), was arriving back at our tent after having a couple of hours looking around at everything, to find someone had pitched their tent practically ontop of ours! The owner was lying in her doorway reading a book, head inside her tent and feet inside ours!! My OH nearly went spare . It did kind of ruin the weekend, and we left early the following morning coz we just couldn't bear such close neighbours - there was a whole field she could have pitched up in!!

So, sensible spacing of tents is a must for happy camping, please. I adore you all, but I don't want your feet in my tent thank you.
            If I had come back to my tent to find someone else had pitched THAT close (and not because of general lack of space), I would have made a scene, and if they didn't move, I'd take their tent down around them! That is simply appalingly bad manners. No excuse for it, and putting up with it is not my way!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Its like when you are sat somewhere for a quiet read/drink/think and there are 50,000 empty seats around and someone comes and sits 2 seats away from you.......what's that all about????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                If I had come back to my tent to find someone else had pitched THAT close (and not because of general lack of space), I would have made a scene, and if they didn't move, I'd take their tent down around them! That is simply appalingly bad manners. No excuse for it, and putting up with it is not my way!
                Lol, good for you, we just did a lot of ineffectual flouncing around and huffing and puffing. Then we made breakfast really early and really noisily the following day

Comment

• *makes a mental note to not pitch tent close to HilaryB, or Becki.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

• lol one time when in a tent,all we heard was someone snoring very loudly,made us laugh,nothing is sacred,especially if there is a good light within
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                      nothing is sacred,especially if there is a good light within
                      Like this you mean?

YouTube - Austin Powers 2 Tent Shadows
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                        *makes a mental note to not pitch tent close to HilaryB, or Becki.
                        Not with the length of your legs mate!! Anyhoo, you'll be in a B&B

Comment

• that is very funny wayne,thanks for the laugh the others are funny to lol,:
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            What about tents? Do they need permits? I'm hoping that there won't be a proliferation of caravans coz there's a chance they'll get stuck if it rains, plus most of the field has a gentle slope.
                            Can't see Pops being ecstatic at the field getting chewed up
                            And I really don't want to have to start applying for permits if I can get away with not doing... I don't think we're the type of people to start sueing each other are we?!
                            We'll bring the caravan, but will look into campsites close by where we can pitch up just in case thats better than your dad's field getting messed up, and just come to your dad's field on the day(s) with car boot full of booze, food and chairs.
                            Kirsty b xx

Comment

• Still waiting to hear back from the council And I still have no idea how to work out how many tents (and cars, and people) will fit in the field

I've done a screen grab of the Google map, if anyone has any clues how to work it out, I'll be glad to hear

The red out line is the space we can use. The long blue-dashes line is the route cars will take into the field, and the short blue-dashes line is the path to the barn (water, and the loos will probably go next-to (because of the hard-standing
                              ))
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SarzWix; 21-08-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Have you got the measurements Sarz of the field.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X