No announcement yet.

Please put the ads back at the top of the page

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd suggest that if you are looking into online marketing you concentrate your efforts more on search engine optimisation rather than per per click or online banner advertising. You're likely to get a higher ROI if you do.

Have a look at google analytics too to give you a good heads up on what's happening with your site. It's not the best in the world, but it's free.

Originally posted by Gardening Extras View Post
    Have to say I am fascinated by your responses.

I have been studying the ads on this site and many others. how many of you really click on ads on any sites you visit? what makes you click? and do you actually buy anything form those sites.

Sorry, Perhaps I should start a new post into how to conduct my marketing.

Iain
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Come on then you lot.............I have BT Yahoo browser, how do I zoom it to ditch the quarter of my screen on the right which has either ads or a blank notepad area!
      Have you got a 'view' section/tab/area at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Have you got a 'view' section/tab/area at the top?
        Yes...........I've set the text to largest but STILL quarter of my screen is taken up with ads!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Stuck text back to medium as it's doing my ed in!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Clever me.............I've sussed it myself!

Opened up the sidebar at the side of my open tabs, stretched it to the left and wallah!!!!!!! No ADS or blank screen!

Do your damdest now Mr Ad's man.....I don't care I can't see you......lah la la.....lah la la!
            Last edited by Snadger; 02-09-2009, 08:40 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Do your damdest now Mr Ad's man.....I don't care I can't see you......lah la la.....lah la la!
              but he is still there
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Well, I zoomed in twice... eh voila, no Ads and larger text for my dimming old eyes. Ostrich method works nicely for me too Snadger.

Comment

Oh it does make oi laarf.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

What ADs???????????????????

There are NO ADs on my screen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are they ??????????????????

PS - if you download Firefox browser to use instead of Microsoft's Internet Explorer and activate AdBlock then you don't get any adverts on ANY site ANYWHERE on the web.

The old layout was great because when the ADs were not shown the page moved up to fill the gap but now it just give a white area at the side... I'd wondered why the new layout had this stupid-looking white area!!!!

PPS - don't tell admin !!!!
                    Last edited by zazen999; 04-09-2009, 10:28 PM. Reason: Sorry, text too big
                    The proof of the growing is in the eating.
                    Leave Rotten Fruit.
                    Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
                    Autant de têtes, autant d'avis!!!!!
                    Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Oh Dear...zoomed in is a bit big!Think I prefer the ads,which actually I've already trained my eye to not see.Feel like I'm reading a kiddies learn to read book!(not the context of what I'm reading,I must add,just the print size)
                      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I'm not too bovved to be honest. We use a mac too and can alter the size of text etc easily. I barely notice the ads - can't say they wind me up. I occasionally click one, sometimes accidently, but don't feel particularly strongly about their presence generally...

I think I'm already used to the new layout!
                        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I quite like being all squashed up with people. It's sort of cosy, and snuggly, with a touch of 'oooer missus' and 'I say, mind where you're putting your toes' and 'unhand me, Madam!'

Oh, the ads? Don't really care.

Zebedee
                          "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                            .I think I'm already used to the new layout!
                            what new layout?
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

For someone on dial up the old layout used to drive me bonkers as I always had to wait for the blasted ads to load before actually reading anything, this way is quicker - even for me, and anything that speeds up snailup has to be good
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I've closed the poll......but I have to say I don't notice it now - it just takes a day or two to get used to it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X