No announcement yet.

Please put the ads back at the top of the page

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it scrunches up the bit we're here for. The titles of threads now often run onto 2 lines.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I feel like I am squinting to see
      Tammy x x x x
      Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

DOES IT REALLY MATTER WHERE THEY ARE? We come one ere for a natter, gossip about veges........doesnt bother me at all.
        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Is it just my PC or are others having problems with the ads blotting out part of the post?

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ite_38103.html
          I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

I like the ads better at the side - they make the page less symmetrical.

I can't see what the difference is between ads on a website and ads in a magazine... it's a commercial opportunity and doesn't detract all that much from the 'useful' content.

You'd be surprised how little of the cover price of a paper mag is profit - almost all of that comes from advertising. The only thing that bothers me (as a consumer and a journalist) is the pressure on the editorial staff to include positive material in order to keep advertisers happy. Ie when an advertiser tells the ad sales staff that 'I'll spend £500 on an ad if your editor raves about my new gadget in their article about xyz'.
            Resistance is fertile

Comment

GYO don't do it much, by the way, but I know other mags that actively sell on that basis.
              Resistance is fertile

Comment

thats shocking paul......but i do know thru a friend of mine that other mags do that, she works for one!
                Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
                  ...'I'll spend £500 on an ad if your editor raves about my new gadget in their article about xyz'.
                  t'weren't like that in my day, which was in the hot metal days! Oh how I loved the Thursday morning melt down smell

Seriously tho, it didn't happen in the papers I worked at (Cornish Guardian) nor the magazines when I moved over to commerical print - in those days (hark at 'er, pull up a sandbag!) Editorial word was FINAL
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
                    I like the ads better at the side - they make the page less symmetrical.
                    Aaaahhh!!! Symmetry is everything!!!! **runs off screaming**

Comment

Oh dear Becki - it was only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        Oh dear Becki - it was only a matter of time.
                        I'm still jibbering in a corner Zazen
                        Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 04-09-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                          I'm still jibbering in a corner Zazen
                          and I thought I was bad........can you move your chair 3 inches to the left?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            ....can you move your chair 3 inches to the left?
                            yes of course, how did I let that happen

Comment

I've just gone to my pm inbox and realised that the b***** ads cover up the right hand side of my messages too. Not happy

Comment

changed my mind put them at the top... when I clicked on a picture to open it, I ended up with 1 (yup only one of them) staying on top of the pic, obscuring the picutre ...grumble grumble
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X