No announcement yet.

Packed lunches

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I work 5 days and then on Mondays, Wedensdays and Fridays I litteraly nip home and am out again until 9:30-10:00 I have to make 8 packed lunches/dinners a week!
    The plan is always to make them all on a sunday, but I rarely get more than 5 made as the fridge won't hold them.
    Standard lunches include:
    Chiken wraps with homemade green tomato relish (one of TS's recipes)
    Ham sandwhiches
    Tuna pasta salad
    Chicken pasta salad
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

What an excellent thread! Good idea. I do try and make and take something for lunch, as if I don't get out of work, I don't get a break!
      I've got a stainless steel flask, inside and out, as if I put a soup in it at 730am, I may only get my lunch at 1pm, occasionally at 130pm - so I recommend soup, home made if poss and in a stainless flask.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Wow! What a great load of ideas.
        You all do have a lot of imagination for lunch on the run.
        I am definitely going to try nearly all of these (not too sure about zebedee's but, hey ho I will give them a go too)
        Keep'em coming folks.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Go on, all yer cowards, try 'em! You might be pleasantly surprised.

Zebedee
          "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Fish finger sarnies are yum!!

Weekendwellies - have you thought of bento boxes (if ya like sushi)

check out this link JustinSpace Japanesey
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by zebedee View Post
              All you 'goody goodies', taking healthy stuff! Black Cherry conserve and crunchy peanut butter is a good mix (oh yes it is!). Philadelphia soft cheese and lime marmalade. Bacon and brie. My all time favourite - fish finger and salad cream - yummy. Kid's stuff, maybe, but at 60 I don't care!
              Fish fingers & salad cream on white bread, that's what I had for my tea tonight! Couldn't be bothered making anything properly & it was lovely!
              I also like peanut butter & jam butties, either cherry or strawberry.
              If I just want a snack I'll have some hummus with tortilla chips & slices of tomato/celery/carrot to dip in.
              Years ago when I still ate meat I used to like sandwiches with sliced beef with philly cheese & beansprouts with a sprinkling of soy sauce on!
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X