No announcement yet.

A jolly good Autumn show

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here we go! Here's some piccies from Saturday.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations!
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks Bernie, think my dad was a bit scared by my competitive streak, he said 'Hmm, this isn't the little girl I used to know'

Mwhahahaha!! **runs away laughing insanely**

Comment

Well done you!
          Have you entered in shows before?
          We are allways tempted but sometimes put off by the very serious ''professional'' entries, one or two chaps win all the veg prizes round here

Comment

Well done you - thats brilliant
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Thanks Kirsty and Lovage,

This was my 6th show, and it was a real buzz to hear 'Rebecca - 4 firsts, 4 seconds and 7 thirds' read out, and the gasp from the gathered group, however, it was slightly sullied by my arch nemesis who won 16 firsts, 7 seconds two trophies and the Presidents Millenium Bowl. But then he grows to show, and I don't, so I am over the moon with any achievement. Don't be put off by the seasoned show-ers Lovage, he actually talked to me for about fifteen minutes, giving me lots of hints and tip - he likes the competition from me.

Funnily enough, he was a bit disgruntled about the Millenium Bowl award, as its got a gold coloured plating inside, which he was complaining that if displayed gold side up, it would discolour and he would have to pay to get it re-plated - he's obviously won it before!!

Comment

Rather elaborate show stand isn't it? Looks remarkably like a flight of stairs!
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                  Rather elaborate show stand isn't it? Looks remarkably like a flight of stairs!
                  So observant, its actually the stairs to my new house (installed by my own fair hands)

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                    So observant, its actually the stairs to my new house (installed by my own fair hands)
                    Do they go all the way up?

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Of course they do, and theres another flight into the attic - you'd be dead envious of my attic, it'd be perfect for a huge Scalextrix set

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                        Of course they do, and theres another flight into the attic - you'd be dead envious of my attic, it'd be perfect for a huge Scalextrix set
                        I bet you say that to all the young men.

Actually - I seem to remember reading a report about a spate of disappearances in the Ashford area....

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Actually - I seem to remember reading a report about a spate of disappearances in the Ashford area....
                          Darn, I knew I'd get caught eventually - hang on, do we mean disappearance of young men, or scalextrix parts?

Comment

Just noticed this from the link on the 'hugging' discussion! Well done Becki, what a fantastic display of all your entries, you must have put a lot of hard work into them & it's a lovely photo of you with the cup, not surprised Bob is keen on a hug from you!
                            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                              Just noticed this from the link on the 'hugging' discussion! Well done Becki, what a fantastic display of all your entries, you must have put a lot of hard work into them & it's a lovely photo of you with the cup, not surprised Bob is keen on a hug from you!
                              Aww, thanks Sue

Comment

Except at the top, then they go all the way down!

(sometimes it just has to be said)
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X