Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of a strange question, but hubby wants to know about gun ownership?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snuffer...
    Good point. I was thinking that when reading the posts above my first but when it came time to reply I completely forgot.

Shotguns really are excellent for moving targets but as you said, not exactly quiet things.

EDIT
    I'm wondering, why do breaking your neck and spine mean you can no longer shoot? I'm assuming you still have full use of your arms (of course) but I wouldn't have thought spinal injury would stop you from shooting most things from clay to fowl. Though I can see it might be a problem for things like rabbits from <30 yards or stalking.
    Last edited by organic; 29-09-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Hiya organic. The biggest problem is with the neck. Holding a gun into the shoulder puts quite a strain on it. Not to bad with the modern, lightweight, diving tank filled, compressed air, air rifles. But the recoil from a shotgun is definately a no no.

Used to enjoy clay pigeon and field target shooting but alas no more.

Still have air rifles that I do occasionally use against rats but gave up my shotgun licence years ago.
      It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Of course, when you absolutely have to kill every last motherbunny in the room, there is only one weapon of choice:

YouTube - Rodenator Pro, bunker buster

This is what you want for controlling evry last motherlovin' one of them !
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Personally I am practising with a really MEAN catapult ....being an Aberdonian (aka mean) and having a history of depression, not only would I never get a FAC but also I couldn't bear to spend the dosh on gun cabinets. They are pretty expensive, and if I am really keen to get rid of them I know a lot of gamies and can snare the bugsies that live just outside the garden.
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Just an update. Thanks for your replies all! We have now joined a local rifle club and went for the first time today. We all had a go and I really enjoyed myself, quite proud of myself really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X