Caveman diet!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post

This sort of sloppy pseudo-science makes me a titchy bit cross!
    Really, Flum? We never would have noticed, lol.
    Are you involved in the education system at all?
    I think you would make an excellent teacher/lecturer/tutor.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      .....................The chap says in the article that to eat grains and pulses, we need to cook them to destroy toxins. So what's the problem there? Toxins destroyed - get trenching lads.

This sort of sloppy pseudo-science makes me a titchy bit cross!
      The point the guy was making (in my opinion) was that our three main staples, potatoes,cereals and beans are all toxic if not cooked. Certainly made me think, especially when cooking doesn't necessarily do away with all the toxins in them. Have our guts evolved to take account of our discovery of fire so we can cook out some of these toxins...........I wouldn't have thought so?
      Granted, if we all had to forage and chase our prey and kill it to eat............we would all be a bit thinner............... and probably not live too long either!
      Last edited by Snadger; 18-10-2009, 06:14 PM.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
        Really, Flum? We never would have noticed, lol.
        Are you involved in the education system at all?
        I think you would make an excellent teacher/lecturer/tutor.
        No - I was in an administrative role!

I was educated formally until 21 and have continued to try to learn all my life. Don't want my brain to congeal!

I think we have evolved considerably from our Palaeolithic ancestors and I don't think it's good to go back to what is now a very different diet. Look at the fact that we are born with an appendix - which we no longer use.
        Last edited by Flummery; 19-10-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: typo
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I might have some good news on the alcohol front. I'm sure I saw a natural history programme a fair few years back where a group of chimpanzees deliberately searched out fermenting fruit, ate it and spent the next two days falling out of trees then suffering with hangovers. If chimps do it, I'm sure our remote ancestors did it, so that's all right then.
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

......would Jesus have turned water into wine if it was sooo bad???That's my theory & I'm sticking to it!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              ......would Jesus have turned water into wine if it was sooo bad???That's my theory & I'm sticking to it!
              Sorry to burst your bubble andi&di but was biblical wine not just vinegar and water?
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Sorry to burst your bubble andi&di but was biblical wine not just vinegar and water?
                Wow! You mean Jesus made Blossom Hill Chardonnay?
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                  Wow! You mean Jesus made Blossom Hill Chardonnay?
                  I think you'll find it was Anything But Chardonnay
                  Last edited by Eco-Chic; 19-10-2009, 01:30 PM.
                  If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Nooooooo!!!!!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X