No announcement yet.

The Gardening Confessions Thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew JA's years ago (one of my very first GYO things), and was chuffed that they got to such a great height, and would keep examining them, but was so disappointed that I never found any artichokes on them...
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      And the 2 bottles of wine had nothing to do with it.........
      You already know me so well!!!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I dug in Bindweed roots thinking they were potato roots.

Cut down my raspbarry canes - all of them (summer and autumn fruiting).

Used a pruning of elder as a stake for my chilli plant, it rooted.

I've over watered stuff. I've under watered stuff.

I've weeded stuff I shouldn't have. I've left stuff I should have weeded.

There's probably a lot of stuff I've done wrong, but haven't yet realised.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Losing the labels - or mixing them up as I'm sowing seeds - I lay everything out really carefully, mark up the labels and then just as carefully stick them in the wrong trays

Oh and I nurtured a dandelion type weed for ages, weeded around it, watered when it was dry, it was only when the flower opened I realised what everyone else already knew
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
            Losing the labels - or mixing them up as I'm sowing seeds - I lay everything out really carefully, mark up the labels and then just as carefully stick them in the wrong trays

Oh and I nurtured a dandelion type weed for ages, weeded around it, watered when it was dry, it was only when the flower opened I realised what everyone else already knew
            Why is it that every year I get seedlings muddled up. Particularly when it comes to concurbits. It is always a matter of wait and see as to what is the harvest. I never know whether to pick the gherkin/courgette or leave it because it maybe a cucumber.

Comment

I don't weed enough, ever

I don't label things properly... 'tomato' is not a useful label when you have 40 plants of about 7 varieties...

I'm not organised enough and end up doing things last minute....

Comment

Last year was my first growing.... where do I start?

Kept potting on a chilli that was doing amazingly well and growing at a rate of knots in my new GH. Showed it off to my neighbour who advised me it was a weed.

The same neighbour also advised me that my 'chives' were actually grass.

Labelling everything beautifully but not using a chinagraph pencil or permanent marker.

Not making holes in my Morrisson's buckets when growing toms and spuds outside (during a very wet summer).

Sowing all my lettuce seed at the same time.

Sowing 20kg of seed potatoes for 2 people.

Comment

Hoed a leek, didn't label my squashed correctly ended up trying to grow a couple of pumpkins thinking they were cucumbers. Done the bucket without a hole too.. I'm sure there's loads more but having memory failure at the moment
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X