No announcement yet.

Claim to Fame

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beatles stayed at The Royal hotel in Teignmouth and I stood on the den screaming along with many others. Norman Vaughn made a film in Teignmouth ( both when I was a girl ). More recently I went on This Morning and met Phillip Scolfield and Ruth, on the programme that day was Piers Morgan and Paris Hilton, I stood next to her for a while. Muse comes from Teignmouth and surrounding area, they did a gig there recently as I was unable to get a ticket I watched them on the big screen.
    Last edited by jackie j; 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

Forgot to mention, my lovely mum in law, Edna once delivered cakes to the Rolling Stones when they stayed in a local house in Preston during the 60's.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Madderbat used to live next door to Charlie Watts Grandmother.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

I met Darth Vader in Woolworths as a kid (it was David Prowse), got his autograph by the pick'n'mix

Couple of years ago I was on a late night flight back from Germany and got talking to Nicola Walker (plays Ruth in Spooks). My colleague who was with me thought she was a friend of mine she was so nice.

I'm Bean's father.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I've met Sir Chris Bonnington 4 or 5 times now... he is a lovely, lovely man

Apart from that, I don't think there is anything else....

Don't ever ask MR OWG this, as he once did the Coast to Coast with a bevy of 80's celebs including Tessa Sanderson and Bill Beaumont... he keeps threatening to get the photo album out!!

Comment

A friend of my Great Aunt's had my Great Aunt's family tree traced, and it turned out my mother's side of the family is decended from the Boleyn family - probably Mary. We visited Hever Castle a few years ago with my little nephew and stood in front of the famous painting of Anne Boleyn. 'Say hello to your Auntie Anne' I said.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                I'm Bean's father.
                Nice to know you Mr Bean!!...........

I went down to Old Trafford in the 70's to help measure the players up for their wembley suits. Tommy Dockerty was the manager at the time. They got beat by Southampton......
                I was on telly a few times when they 1st started filming "Jimmies".......that was bad....
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Almost forgot, I played space invaders with "Rocket Ron Haslam" on the ferry across to the Isle Of Man in 1980 (I was only 18), didn't know who he was till my boy friend at the time told me, I ran back and got his Autograph. The same Boyfriend was sponsored by "Haylwood & Gooled" when he was British A.M.C.A champion (Boyfriend), Mick Haylwood was a True Gentleman.
                  Also Met Barry Sheen..very funny, very nice man and "King" Kenny Roberts, in the pits at Brands Hatch. Also Tiff Nedell and Jeremy Clarkson, now there is a tall man, both at Donnington.
                  OH, use to play darts with Stan Richards (Seth Armstrong) on Monday Night at one of our locales.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                    Jeremy Clarkson, now there is a tall man
                    Had forgotten about Jeremy, I met him & James May when Richard Hammond was in hospital where I work. Took Jeremy outside for ciggies (in the bad old days........)
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Clarkson, tall? Nah, he's a short@rse.

One year - many moons ago, some pals and I were at the Motor Show in Earls court. It was back in the day you had the Rothmans and Marlboro girls walking round giving out packets of 5 ciggies.

I digress.

Clarkson, Tiff Needell and Quentin Wilson were presenting the TopGear roadshow on stage. We'd arrived late and were therefore stood at the back. It was getting boring and we had plenty of cars yet to see, so we decided to wander off.

Clarkson spotted me above everyone else and shouted "where do you think you're going!?". We stayed and watched the rest.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I once fell over David Blunketts guide dog. 'Sorry' I said, 'I didn't see him there'.
                        'Would you like to borrow him?' was the somewhat sarcastic reply.

We are also related to the former owners of 'The Guardian', a detail which made little impression until I read a book called 'The Suspicions of Mr Witcher', when it seems this particular ancestor was one of the main protagonist's executors (of his will, I don't mean he hanged him). Now I'm wondering why and how they knew each other.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                          I once fell over David Blunketts guide dog. 'Sorry' I said, 'I didn't see him there'.
                          Now that's not gonna do your hips any good.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            Had forgotten about Jeremy, I met him & James May when Richard Hammond was in hospital where I work. Took Jeremy outside for ciggies (in the bad old days........)
                            He's very funny as well, but down to earth. When it comes to tall I think he's the tallest person I've met, so fare, I think I came half way up his chest

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                              He's very funny as well, but down to earth. When it comes to tall I think he's the tallest person I've met, so fare, I think I came half way up his chest
                              I'll bet a tenner our Wayne is taller GN

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                                I'll bet a tenner our Wayne is taller GN
                                He is - I think Jeremy Clarkson is 6'4"

Wayne is 5'19" - ask him!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X