No announcement yet.

Claim to Fame

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared a bag of jelly babies with Midge Ure at Birmingham train station when i was a student!
    One of the presenters from Bargain Hunt on the BBC lives opposite my house on the other side of the village green!
    I met Dean Richards of now disgraced rugby fame at the opening of a new car showroom in Hinckley in Leciestershire when he was still playing for rugby, he signed my sons baseball hat. He is a huge fella.
    Also met John Cooper, he who invented the mini cooper at a rally in Brighton. Lovely fella.
    Saw John Nettles in Stratford a couple of months back he was walking into a shop as i was walking out, looked good with a beard. Very different to his character in Midsomer Murders. No casualties about either!!
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I've sold a squash court with glass back walls to Tommy Steele and a glass topped coffee table to Ringo Starr. My sister used to live next door to Gordon Banks. My OH and I literally bumped into Geoffrey Boycott at Trent Bridge and OH was so gobsmacked he couldn't speak!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I've got some very tenuous claims to fame:

1: the Actor who played Author Fowler, (the original old git from Enders) nearly ran me over whilst I was crossing the road at lunch time (his fault) years ago.
        2: I saw Jade Goody in Wimbledon Ikea and went in the opposite direction
        3: The fat German from Allo Allo used to use my village local Post office
        4: Working as an editorial assistant, I answered the phoned and spoke to a bloke called Charlie Watts (my boss was horrified that I didn't have a clue who Charlie was).
        5: Jonathan Ridgeon (Hurdlist?) went to my school
        6: The percussionist from Ocean Colour Scene gave me the Thumbs Up at one of their gigs at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
          And I'm a monkey's uncle.
          But do you know the organ grinder?
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Big Daddy threatened to sit on me in a carpark in Weymouth (circa. 1980 - 1982)*

*I was about 4yrs old and refusing to get out of the car, he came over and helped my parents 'encourage' me out of the car. I got out of the car.
            Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X