Songs with Your Name In?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brengirl I've googled and found :-

"Could You Please Oblige Us With A Bren Gun?" by by Noël Coward.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thinking about it I'm not sure which is the better of the two, a gun or a horses ar*e
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Well now, although it isn't spelled the same was as mine - Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan is an annoying one to have.

And the Clare that Fairground Attraction sing about seems to be a bit naughty:
        "My baby’s love is called Clare
        serpentine seductress, I can’t compare
        my baby’s love is merciless to me
        wailing like a hussy and laughing drunkenly"
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Is there one with the name Shelley in it??

The answer is yes! 2 (from people I have never heard of!)

Tim Christensen (Song for Shelly)
          Dance Hall Crashers (Shelly)

They are, of course, spelt wrong... but I'm used to that!
          Last edited by OverWyreGrower; 12-11-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Well, despite the fact that it's a Godawful name I can think of three; Deborah, by T Rex, one by was it Pulp? something about meeting up in the year 2000 and somebody having the name Deborah, but it never suited them (I can relate to that at least) and the Beautiful South one with a string of girls' names in it.

Worse, I was only called it because my mum misheard another song which actually didn't have the name Deborah in it, but she thought that it did; a prize to the person who can guess what it was (clue, my maiden name was Shaw and I was born in the late 50s, though I suppose that's obvious, a name like that dates you as much as the wrinkles)
            Last edited by bluemoon; 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
              Well, despite the fact that it's a Godawful name I can think of three; Deborah, by T Rex, one by was it Pulp? something about meeting up in the year 2000 and somebody having the name Deborah, but it never suited them (I can relate to that at least) and the Beautiful South one with a string of girls' names in it.

Worse, I was only called it because my mum misheard another song which actually didn't have the name Deborah in it, but she thought that it did; a prize to the person who can guess what it was (clue, my maiden name was Shaw and I was born in the late 50s, though I suppose that's obvious, a name like that dates you as much as the wrinkles)
              I am still thinking!
              My daughter Deborah (Debbie) was born 1957 so that should help me to twig but it doesn't. All I can think of is Artie or Sandie.

Comment

There's quite a few with Alison in, as with many other people, the Beautiful South one (altough that's not really ABOUT any of us so am not sure it counts), another Pixies one, an Elvis Costello one and one by the Lemonheads which I vaguely remember.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

According to Google:- Aerosmith - Janie's Got a Gun; Graystar - Janie's Broken Heart; Sachar, Falls & Wade - Janie's Song; Tim Buckley - Song for Janie.

I haven't listened to any of them so I don't know what they're like .
                  Last edited by JanieB; 12-11-2009, 06:25 PM.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

oh, this song gives me nightmares. I absolutely, totally hated it.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cIC6NIb5wc
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Errrrk! I heard the first 2 bars and had to turn it off!! I'm sure there must be nicer songs with 'Julie' in?!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                        I'm sure there must be nicer songs with 'Julie' in?!
                        Google says this one: YouTube - Fountains of Wayne - Hey Julie

not much better. Why didn't Nick Cave write something for me?
                        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-11-2009, 04:45 PM.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oi! Don't diss the Fountains of Wayne!!!
                          Last edited by zazen999; 12-11-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                            According to Google:- Aerosmith - Janie's Got a Gun; Graystar - Janie's Broken Heart; Sachar, Falls & Wade - Janie's Song; Tim Buckley - Song for Janie.

I haven't listened to any of them so I don't know what they're like .
                            I'm a Jane too, i love "Janie's got a gun" although the lyrics aren't exactly cheery! Apparently Ben Folds Five & Barenaked Ladies both have songs titled "Jane" but i've not heard them yet.
                            Last edited by Newbie; 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM.
                            Jane,
                            keen but (slightly less) clueless
                            http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Bernadette by the Four Tops (I hate it actually!)
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                                What about this one?

YouTube - SARA, BOB DYLAN
                                Whoever that is singing,doesn't know their Dylan very well. Sara is on Desire, not Blood On The Tracks.
                                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X