Songs with Your Name In?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs with Your Name In?

I heard this on Scott Mills the other day, where they were talking about songs with your own name in. I decided to Google to see if there are any songs with my name in, because I couldn't think of any, and it turns out there's quite a few! I'm not sure I really like any of them though...
    Thin Lizzy, Jefferson Starship, Ray LaMontagne, Eskimo Joe, and Bat For Lashes all have songs called "Sarah". The Bat for Lashes one is particularly complimentary
    Adopting Sarah's heart
    Was never gonna be easy
    With an angel tattoo sinking beneath her belt
    Sarah
    And the dirty blonde sea-water
    Sea-water gushing down
    Chewing fingernails in her sh**-eating grin
    Sarah...
    Anyone else have their name in a song, and is it as dire as that?!
    Last edited by SarzWix; 11-11-2009, 10:00 PM.

My name is mentioned in the Beautiful South track 'Song for Whoever'. Can't think of any other though

edit* I just checked the lyrics and mine is the first name mentioned so maybe not so bad after all
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 11-11-2009, 10:05 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Baaaaaaaaaaaby Jane- Rod Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        I heard this on Scott Mills the other day, where they were talking about songs with your own name in. I decided to Google to see if there are any songs with my name in, because I couldn't think of any, and it turns out there's quite a few! I'm not sure I really like any of them though...
        Thin Lizzy, Jefferson Starship, Ray LaMontagne, Eskimo Joe, and Bat For Lashes all have songs called "Sarah". The Bat for Lashes one is particularly complimentary

Anyone else have their name in a song, and is it as dire as that?!
        What about this one?

YouTube - SARA, BOB DYLAN
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

Amongst others there's one by the Vanilla Beans' -"Nicola" sung in Japanese and entirely missable!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
            Baaaaaaaaaaaby Jane- Rod Stewart
            Lady Jane - The Rolling Stones
            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Littlemouse View Post
              Amongst others there's one by the Vanilla Beans' -"Nicola" sung in Japanese and entirely missable!
              or.. I saw a mouse - where - there on the stair - where on the stair - right there, a little mouse with clogs on... you know the rest

Comment

I'm for ever blowing bubbles!
                Brian Clough

Comment

Tell Laura I Love her.....and every single drunken party I've ever attended at least one person sings it!!!!

best of it is, it's about someone being killed in a car accident!
                  Last edited by Scottishnewbie; 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
                    Tell Laura I Love her.....and every single drunken party I've ever attended at least one person sings it!!!!

best of it is, it's about someone being killed in a car accident!
                    Here's A better one
                    YouTube - Laura (Main Theme)
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Steve Vai - The Audience is Listening.

Really peed my bf off at the time as he was a huge Vai fan.

Comment

Oh yeah...n who can find a lyric with the name Toni in it?
                        Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Here's some I found earlier for Zaz

RX BANDITS "ANDREA" Lyrics

MXPX | Andrea lyrics

Come home andrea lyrics

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
                          Oh yeah...n who can find a lyric with the name Toni in it?
                          If it was me, I'd go for a momentary sex change, and claim this instead;
                          YouTube - The Pixies : Tony's Theme (1988)
                          Last edited by SarzWix; 11-11-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                            My name is mentioned in the Beautiful South track 'Song for Whoever'. Can't think of any other though

edit* I just checked the lyrics and mine is the first name mentioned so maybe not so bad after all
                            Do you not know the fabbo Billy Bragg song 'Greetings to the New Brunette' Shirley? One of my faves Can't find a great version online but this gives you an idea:

YouTube - Billi Brag - greetings to the new brunette
                            I was feeling part of the scenery
                            I walked right out of the machinery
                            My heart going boom boom boom
                            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                            I've come to take you home."

Comment

The only one I could think of was JCM~Jack & Diane(faaaaaar ruder than I remember it as a kid!)YouTube - John Cougar Mellencamp Jack And Diane Video
                              After googling I discovered this lil ditty...originally written for a silent movie theme track then covered by The bachelors.....it would seem I'm rather lovely! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PxxjauZNKE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKqsn2aNME
                              Then I found a far better version by Miles Davis....less of the silly talk!...YouTube - Miles Davis Quintet - Diane
                              .....and then as per almost every time I go on You Tube,I ended up finding my way to Tom Waits.
                              Last edited by SarzWix; 11-11-2009, 10:43 PM.
                              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X