No announcement yet.

Is This It Then?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new phase in life is difficult but especially one that you perceive as a backward step, or giving in to something. If you try to look at it as a forward step - new independence, then it might not seem so bad. Good on you for trying for so long, but if there's help to be had, grab it. If anyone complains, whach 'em with your crutches!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

and if you want to go out clubbing - try this:

aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        According to this, particular foods don't help or harm, but losing weight will definitely ease pain in the knees.
        That might well be what the report says but my friend's dad managed to majorly reduce his tablet intake as a result of cutting down acidic food, dairy and red meat. Might not work for all but it's always worth trying diet changes (so long as you're left with a well balanced diet at the end of it) as they can work wonders.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          According to this, particular foods don't help or harm, but losing weight will definitely ease pain in the knees.
          Also according to that ^ ^
          ■Cutting out certain foods as part of a rigorously observed elimination diet under strict medical supervision can help relieve symptoms in some people with rheumatoid arthritis but NOT osteoarthritis.
          So it's not a complete myth, it just depends which type of arthritis it is

Comment

I had a friend who swore by Dr Dong's diet (I know, sounds like a joke, doesn't it?) but I'm not sure which kind he had. It certainly gave him hugely increased mobility.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I'm sure your head is spinning with all of this advice Bluemoon.........good luck & hope you can find a way to ease the pain.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Re Rheumatoid Arthritis - I can thoroughly recommend the NRAS (National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society) website as a source of information.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I don't hate the crutches quite so much today as I did yesterday and they do mean that if everything goes to plan I can visit my chickens on Saturday for the first time since mid-October. OH has cared for them and has even taken videos on his phone when they've been up to something amusing, but it's not the same.
                  I've had blood-tests to find out which type of arthritis it is, but no results yet, and because I'm always completely awkward there's a possibility that it's a third type; psoriatic arthritis, which is probably the 'best' type to have as the flare-ups will usually subside after a time and they don't cause the joint damage of the other types. This is a definite possibility as 1, I have psoriasis, and 2, I had a mild flare-up in both ankles about 18 months ago, so on that occasion it was certainly behaving like the psoriatic type. I think one of the reasons my GP mucked about before referring me anywhere was the hope that it would all go away.
                  I like the idea of whizzing around and annoying people with a scooter though, perhaps I could get a 'Born to be Wild' sticker for it.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

That's good you're thinking positive about using your crutches today, and hopefully it wont be horrid, raining and sludgy on Saturday so you can get to see your chickens.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                      I like the idea of whizzing around and annoying people with a scooter though, perhaps I could get a 'Born to be Wild' sticker for it.

Benidorm springs to mind but I can't see you as a Madge...........
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You could have knives on the wheels like the Romans did - that would cause mayhem down the supermarket!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X