No announcement yet.

What are you doing today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBP tomato chutney - done. Bernie slaps one hand into the other, Gordon Ramsey style........ PW's red onion marmalade on the go as we speak........... oh yeah, went round with the vac and pretended to make the house tidy!
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I gave a mega sort out and clean to 2 kitchen cupboards. That's a big deal for me - I'm really not domesticated! Did the ironing pile that's been reproaching me for AGES. Made a large boiled fruit cake (prefer it to trad Christmas cake), and a couple of dozen mince pies from some vintage home made mincemeat from last year that I found in one of the cupboards. Brought convalescing chook indoors for a bit of hand-feeding. She nearly had me hand off when I opened a tin of sweetcorn and offered her a bit!

This evening I'm off to church - I play the music there. We have the bishop visiting which is being viewed like having the auditors in so the thing will no doubt be protracted and end in a bun-fight.

Tomorow I have a tree and a sack of crocus corms to plant for our In Bloom team.

What larks!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

8 jars of PWs red onion marmalade done! Bernie smacks one hand into the other Gordon Ramsey style. OUCH! Did it too hard. That hurt!
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Got up this morning to find hubby had got all the decorations down from the attic.
          I'm not putting the tree up this early says I, and went off shopping.
          Daughter rang to say she would be visiting this afternoon with 5 year old.
          5 year old arrives with her mum and says "please nan, can we put up the Christmas tree" So I am sitting here now with the tree and all the lights up and I just know my neighbours are saying " what is she doing putting her tree up so early"
          Well at least its one job less and we had a lovely afternoon, me, my daughter and my grand daughter, doing the Christmas thing while we played all our old Christmas music.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Not yet moved from settee, still sport on telly. Brilliant!
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bramble
              Well at least its one job less and we had a lovely afternoon, me, my daughter and my grand daughter, doing the Christmas thing while we played all our old Christmas music.
              Sounds fab, your neighbours would be jealous! Hope you played Slade?
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Today I was at work, then visited my elderly Nana, and then my Dad.
                Tomorrow.. I will be at work all day.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Small blue planet, wish I could say yes, but my daughter absolutely hated Slade.
                  Apart from that, all was well, and we had a brill day.
                  Have to say, no amount of money can buy days like this.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

both my kids are at friends on sleepovers, husband at work, BLISS! Got log fire on, watched Pride and Prejudice, having glass of wine, chilling out, PRICELESS!

Comment

The proposed planting session is off - it' widdling down here! I shall write cards and try to make meself feel Christmassy.
                      Last edited by Flummery; 06-12-2009, 10:14 AM.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well, today started with lashing rain and a biting wind, but now it has 'turned out lovely' - so -pooter off, get dressed, and out to the garden to sort out the mess that should have been cleared ages ago!
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Recovering from an overnight bout of sickness and diarrhoea!! Feel wiped out. And it's chucking it down.

Comment

So far I have done my delivery's of goodies to customers only a couple more to do tomorrow till the next lot arrive. Going to Tesco to do some shopping son no 3 has asked for a food hamper for christmas as he is struggling to afford anything except beans on toast. I want to go and get a real tree but have to persuade the old man to have one. Still have loads to do for christmas but I cant seem to get into my stride this year. Need to visit the lottie as I havent been for ages, there was a couple of cauli's growing and some brussel's no idea what they might be like now.
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

It's really nice here at the moment, although soggy underfoot of course, so I'm going to wobble up the garden, fall in the brassicas and find some calabrese for dinner tonight!
                              OH is taking down the bean row for me, but what I'd really like to do is get the autumn onion sets in that I bought before I got ill, don't really think it's going to happen though - if I bend down I fall on my nose - I had no idea vertigo was so much fun!
                              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

We spent Saturday in Roscoff (and surrounding areas) buying Christmas present wine. Found a little winery near the ferry port that sells an 'exclusive'. Once the owner found out how good the wine was from this particular vineyard, he got the lot on contract!
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X