No announcement yet.

who can get out in their car

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The roads are fine here now, but the paths are nearly all lethal. I've been out today and went most of the way on the road. Can't wait for my new spikes (ice-cleats) to arrive! I just got the order in before they shut for Christmas, so hopefully they're in the postal system somewhere... Outdoor Gear for Camping & Hiking - Blacktoe Ltd. if anybody wants some

Comment

I drove to Morpeth from Newcastle yesterday up the AI which was all clear - just getting out of the car was the dangerous part! Fortunately I was wearing some ice spikes over my regular shoes (just like the ones Sarz is showing except mine came from QVC a few years ago) so I have been walking on the icy paths with impunity. And I cleared and salted our front path - took a bit of chipping away with the shovel! Yesterday there was quite a bit of melting during the day but it all froze solid overnight.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

It not too bad where I live, the roads are clear but the snow remains in the fields.

Went up to Buxton, the highest town in England, today and the footpaths were treacherous. Buxton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Snow what snow lol had ice last week that made things a tad slippery but its chucking it down with rain today.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

The remaining now here is now only in a few north facing sloping fields...we had rain last night so maybe even that has gone.
            We seemed to get the most snow the week before you did and as we live on a steep hill, couldn't get out for 5 days.
            Looks pretty- but the icy slush is lethal isn't it?
            Take care peeps!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We had a few more inches last night! No respite yet. It's stopped now so I will go and clear the paths, again. Feed the birds, empty the ashes, get coal in,......

Comment

So much for the lovely sunshine yesterday - woke this morning to heavy snow!

Oh I'm so very very grateful that I'm retired and don't have to drive in it unless I really have to. Take care all you peeps who are still working.

Sarz , those ice-cleats look a great idea - must get some, thanks for the info.
                Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

We had our snow but, part from a small patch on the field near the headge, it'd all gone by the day before Christmas eve.

Just so you know, if you let your tyres down by a tiny bit (3-4 bars) so they're a bit flatter than normal, they'll grip the ice much better.

Please bear in mind though, this is only temporary, ideal for an emergency journey getting home or something but not for a prolonged space of time.

Comment

Is it true that Wales got another foot of snow last nite

Comment

Having spent Xmas in DexterDog's neck of the woods, the side roads were a bit slippy but the main roads fine. Just come back over the top today, the worst weather - snow, minus temps etc, were the western side of Leeds, from there on home it has been warmer with occasional rain (5C). When I left on X Eve my road and drive were sheet ice, now it has all gone.
                      The cats' valet.

Comment

Tipping it down here! Was all day yesterday, and more forecast for tomorrow.

I'm off to hibernate - see you all in May!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Its rained here all day so now all the snows finally gone, apart from a little mound on the lawn that was a snowman.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X