X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv

Wasn't there a TV Series on this?

"The Piglet Files."
    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Going into pedant mode here. The notion of Avatar derives from Hindu mythology where it represents the descent of a deity to earth in an incarnate form. We now use the word avatar to refer to a symbol which represents a manifestation of our essential being, and presumably choose an avatar accordingly. Seems strange to change an avatar from hour to hour, unless we think there is no consistency to our fundamental being. Have I got this all wrong ? Or has the word changed its meaning and just means a picture.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Wasn't there a TV Series on this?

"The Piglet Files."
        Keep a grip Scully!

Love the latest one though - 'that's a REAL Piglet' said Eyore

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
          Going into pedant mode here. The notion of Avatar derives from Hindu mythology where it represents the descent of a deity to earth in an incarnate form. We now use the word avatar to refer to a symbol which represents a manifestation of our essential being, and presumably choose an avatar accordingly. Seems strange to change an avatar from hour to hour, unless we think there is no consistency to our fundamental being. Have I got this all wrong ? Or has the word changed its meaning and just means a picture.
          Well done Alice, It looks like Piglet is using it just to demonstrate parts of his essential being!!

Comment

I'm not Scully, I'm much too ugly.

Also check this out.
            The Piglet Files
            UK, ITV (LWT), Sitcom, Colour, 1990
            Starring: Nicholas Lyndhurst, Clive Francis, John Ringham

A sitcom starring Nicholas Lyndhurst as plain ordinary Peter Chapman, a young electronics whiz and college lecturer at a local polytechnic, who is suddenly recruited by an MI5 supremo, Major Drummond, to teach spies about the espionage equipment they'll be handling. Such is the secrecy surrounding his mission that MI5 prohibits Chapman - given the code-name Piglet - from telling his wife Sarah about his new job. Naturally, with all the cloak-and-dagger manoeuvrings, she assumes that he is having an extramarital affair, and it proves especially difficult for him to persuade her why his life is suddenly revolving in different circles, having their home become an MI5 'safe house' for harbouring defectors, for example.
            Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              Also check this out.
              The Piglet Files
              UK, ITV (LWT), Sitcom, Colour, 1990
              Starring: Nicholas Lyndhurst, Clive Francis, John Ringham
              Oh blimey - you can tell I don't keep up much! I didn't realise Piglet had such an exciting life (although judging by the avatars, it's pretty interesting) !

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                ..The notion of Avatar derives from Hindu mythology where it represents the descent of a deity to earth in an incarnate form.... Or has the word changed its meaning and just means a picture.
                LOL! All hail Lord Piggie!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  What are you lot on tonight??????
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Among people working on virtual reality and cyberspace interfaces, an avatar is an icon or representation of a user in a shared virtual reality.

Generally it is taken, in the IT world, as a static or animated picture which represents an individual in the internet. In particular the avatar tends to be internet site specific, however individuals will often select the same name & picture across various sites.

In Science fiction the avatar concept is advanced to become an active agent which roams the net on behalf of the originating being. It can be given instructions and perform actions across the net.

Piglet, seems to be a confident individual satisfied with his personal identity so chooses to wear a different face according to mood, usually a different piggy picture, (indeed I suspect that people send him piggie pictures to use) and if that mood is playfull then piglet beomes "sombrero pig", "bedraggled cat" or some other humorous piccie.

Power to the Piglet.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                      Sorry won't be reading Lord of the Flies me.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X