Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you cant judge a book by its cover but can you judge a person on their book?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on Facebook yesterday. Nearest book at the time was a collection of stories, and page 56 was the blank page between the stories!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

"He referred to one prostitute with whom he was familiar, 'the robust, great-haunched, blue-eyed young woman of admirable temper and, if you will let me say so of a prostitute, extraordinary modesty' , and claimed, vanity coming to the fore, that ' I never saw one who could resist me."
      RLS - A Life Study. Jenni Calder. 1980. Hamish Hamilton. London

Comment

The calyx has bristle-like bracts sprinkled with white hairs, which makes the flower look woolly.

Comment

'But just as I was wondering how I might get some tickets, I noticed that none of the bullfighters had any hands; their arms ended in bumpy, knobbly wrists.'

Ok so as I'm sat next to numerous shelves of books, I just grabbed the first one that came to hand. Must say, that sentence is rather strange taken out of context.....it's been a few years since I read that book and I definitely don't remember that bit
          Last edited by Incy; 15-01-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

'I was damaged by my education.'
            It's actually the 4th sentence but that's all there are on the page.
            'An Education' by Lynn Barber, just got it out of the library the other day.
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

His face, pinched and lined, was enlivened by a pair of cheerful eyes; he wore a much-darned woollen cardigan, patched trousers and slippers.
              From a series of books I read and reread repeatedly growing up By James Herriot. This particular line from "If only they could talk"
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

100% baby smooth perfection

ǝuızɐƃɐɯ ǝllǝ
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 16-01-2010, 07:36 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

"Tell me about this" She raised her voice over the howling wind and jabbed at the letter which was still in her hand.

I am so relieved it was the fifth not the fourth sentence required.

Comment

The nearest book to me is the argos catalogue -not sure exactly what that says about my reading habits! lol

Comment

While the pig bellowed at them from afar, the men were being scrutinised at close range by sixteen orange eyes, belonging to the eight shiny black hens we called the Ladies.

From "The Good, Good Pig" by Sy Montgomery
                      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                        "Tell me about this" She raised her voice over the howling wind and jabbed at the letter which was still in her hand.

I am so relieved it was the fifth not the fourth sentence required.
                        excerpt from ICE TRAP Kitty Sewell

Comment

'use the space in the air'

Sarah Raven's Great Vegetable Plot

(although my nearest book was also the Argos Catalogue!)

so what's it supposed to say about you?

Comment

"What?" shouted Ford.
                            Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

'Horticultural fleece, particularly in a green colour, can also be draped in front of the glass rather like net curtains.

It's the lovely Reader's Digest 'Food from your Garden & Allotment' which I got free when I subscribed to GYO Magazine!

It wasn't the nearest book. The nearest was 'A Comprehensive Guide to Worming your Horse,' and that only has 12 pages!

RocketRon's must be a Hitchhiker book?
                              Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-01-2010, 05:46 PM.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

"I shall do it" said Pooh, after waiting a little longer, "by means of a trap. And it must be a Cunning Trap, so you will have to helpme Piglet."

OOOh the intrigue....!
                                Last edited by jackyspratty; 15-01-2010, 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling...
                                http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X