No announcement yet.

First Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a complete change (and one for the record books I think) I can say that we in Shetland have had the most glorious two days. No wind, sun, blue skies and a slight cripsness in the air (but no frost or snow). Its been brilliant!
    Everything has obviously passed us by.

So sorry to hear that you have all had such a time - I know what it can be like! It really is awful having to go out and inspect the damage, fearing the worst - and sadly normally finding it. Take care everyone!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Pleased you escaped it all Jennie. It must be your turn for some decent weather. I think the further south it was, the worse the weather.
      Sorry about your damage SueA, but if all the people are OK that's the main thing.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Generally ok here. A couple of the neighbours have lost fence panels and I haven't checked the lottie yet. Glad everyone ok, little girl hit by tree here yesterday aftie.

The snow looks lovely Alice. Bit jealous really, love the stuff but rarely see it.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
          For a complete change (and one for the record books I think) I can say that we in Shetland have had the most glorious two days..............
          Says she, laughing like Dick Dastardleys Mutley the dog!!He he he he he he he!!!!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My hubby and myself were at a funeral in the middle of the storm and got battered with hail and gale force winds. Have never been to a funeral that ended so quick.
            We had no damage here but my mother was left without power for 30 hours and so had her to stay until all returned to normal.
            Regarding the snow, my 3 year old grand-daughter has been watching for snow since the winter came so she can make a snowman. So far no snow here just wind and rain.
            Sorry for everyone who had property damaged.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I looked around the lottie yesterday morning and felt really sorry for one lottie holder whoes shed had lost its roof but when I looked the shed was completely upside down so I had to a peak in the window and all his tools were neatly piled on the roof!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X