First Snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Snow

The first snow of the winter has arrived. Took the pic through the window. Not going out there.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0062.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2388049

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

I do miss the snow Alice, and we never get a decent fall any more.

No snow here but muchos windy today

Comment

Snowing over here too, we have about 4". We are in a bit of a micro climate here we seem to be 2c lower in winter and 1c higher in summer than 1 mile up the road.

Don't mind the snow it is when it starts to thaw.......yuch

Comment

No snow here Alice just horrendous gale force winds.The last time it snowed was March last year I think(pic. below) but it didn't last very long.
        Attached Files
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Quite nice weather here! Just a little rain, no snow and temps about 7 degrees. I woke up in the night and couldn't work out what was wrong - silence! No sound of any gale force winds. Smashing!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Doesn't everything just look lovely in the snow SueA. But I'll not be sorry when it's gone.

Comment

So - i think we should start a snowman competition...anyone fancy starting a thread of photos over the next few weeks????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                So - i think we should start a snowman competition...anyone fancy starting a thread of photos over the next few weeks????
                I have a family of 3 headless ones outside , if the kids finish them I will post some pics.....

Mandy

Comment

Weather down here is very wet and very windy. When I picked up my son from nursery and I was blown there and we were blown back. The rain cover that I had under the pram blew down the road (hope none of you are laughing....much) and I had to run after it.(now I know your laughing). I did laugh to myself, but still embarrasing.
                  Piper

Your future lays before you,
                  Like a sheet of driven snow.
                  Be careful how you tread it,
                  As every step will show

Comment

Terrible wind here today, and Mr MB hadn't been at the sprouts either!
                    Tried to get to the shop and had trouble going round the corner. Still saw a huge high sided lorry swaying along the road at some speed though!
                    Be careful out there folks.
                    Hope to get to the lottie tomorrow and assess the damage.

Comment

Hope you don't have any damage Madderbat. Hope all the grapes are OK. We had the snow today but believe more southern parts had quite damaging winds. I see the forecast for tomorrow is for wind for everybody !

Comment

Terrible here today.Fences falling down.Items flying all over the place.Recycling bins were out today and I swear more cans,bottles, paper, etc hurtling down the road than got put in the waggons!!!!

Comment

Your garden looks lovely Alice! No snow here in Preston, but very strong winds - four roof panels flew off the roof at work and boss went home cross because no one would come out and mend it before it went dark. DDL
                          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Wow Alice, That really is a winter wonderland! Seems like ages since we've seen snow here.

Comment

Spent yesterday running out into the garden as various things blew away! I had to re-tie the plastic greenhouse to the fence as it was blowing around so much that it broke the frame & watched as the wind ripped off the weather boarding on the front of the house over the road. Our back gate has battered itself to pieces & I have tied it together with string for now, was going to drill & screw it but discovered most of the wood is rotting so needs replacing completely.Next door on one side lost some of the fence & the other lost a bird table. lots of debris in the street today. No snow though yet Alice, but it feels cold enough now!
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X