No announcement yet.

am I mad?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are quite right Jeanied - however a 3.75mm needle is pretty small for me

I have never deliberately (or indeed accidentally) knitted so many holes in one row before

My biggest problem - due to living on the edge of reality - is finding a shop that stocks circular needles sharp enough to do the knit togethers.
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 23-03-2010, 10:13 PM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

That's beautiful, Shirley - you are a clever girl, indeed!

Comment

Gorgeous. You're very talented. To answer your question...yes people DO pay for this sort of thing. My mother tried to track down the type of thing you're working on now for our little girl's Baptism. She ended up paying quite a bit to an old lady in Scotland who knitted it - she paid over £100, but I don't recall exactly how much. I suppose when the idea is that it will be kept in the family for other children, people pay that bit more?
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

More photo's soon please! It's looking fantastic already *impressed*. And it's great that you're enjoying it so much.

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post

My biggest problem - due to living on the edge of reality
          Like it! We may not be able to buy sharp needles, but I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than on the Edge of Reality!
          Last edited by pipscariad; 27-03-2010, 07:41 PM. Reason: typo I didn't spot before...!
          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Having seen the work in progress I can confirm that Shirl is amazingly talented and the shawl will be absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by pipscariad View Post
              More photo's soon please! It's looking fantastic already *impressed*. And it's great that you're enjoying it so much.
              There is a possibility of the round shawl being finished tonight in which case there could be a picture of that one tomorrow

Originally posted by Incy View Post
              Having seen the work in progress I can confirm that Shirl is amazingly talented and the shawl will be absolutely beautiful!
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Very impressive cant wait to see the piccys. I used to do alot of knitting but as I got older I found it made my hands ache but I do miss it.
                Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

For those that don't read the chat thread - the circular shawl is finished except for 'dressing' to stretch it into shape and show the pattern off a bit more...
                  Attached Files
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Oh, that's beautiful Shirl! I hope you are justifiably proud of it, because you certainly should be. I am totally stunned at how quickly you have done it too, those fingers of your must be a blur when your knitting is underway!
                    Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pipscariad View Post
                      Oh, that's beautiful Shirl! I hope you are justifiably proud of it, because you certainly should be. I am totally stunned at how quickly you have done it too, those fingers of your must be a blur when your knitting is underway!
                      Why thank you my dear - however, this one is the 'regular' shawl not the cobweb one (which is growing slowly - now waiting the sharp needles to arrive). This one is an every day sort of shawl but could easily be knitted in a shetland yarn to make a special gift. It is a copy of the shawl we were given to bring Aranthos home from hospital.
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Shirl, its truly gorgeous.I have great admiration for you and the patience you must have to do this kind of work.
                        I Really hope you find a market for these as you deserve it.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thank you bramble. I must crack on with the fine one tomorrow
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X