No announcement yet.

what an evil manager

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your mum thinks she can get enough proof & support, she could always leave & take them for constructive dismissal...........she will need hard proof to go down this line.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I sincerely hope it all goes well. I've got a couple of NHS nurses in my family/friends and one of them had some serious bother with managers and OH a while back.

To say the nursing union was completely useless and didn't help one jot would be an understatement of colossal proportions. I see that they can't be a huge help in a private hospital anyway, but even in an NHS one the chances are she'd be effectively on her own anyway. You pay your subs and get nothing... I wonder what the subs are for... oh wait... let's not go there.

It sounds like some good advice has been forthcoming though - I think it sounds like one to fight and if the fight's lost it's tribunal time! There's every chance she'd get something out of that too - especially with that letter from the hospital boss about her new role.

Someone my Dad knows was constructively dismissed a while back - the payout they got was enough to set up what they'd been dreaming about so in the end it was the best that could have happened!

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
        is.....

The new post - is it above the current line manager?

Sounds like pure sour grapes! Can stand to have people he/she hasn't chosen given anything so is going all out to spoil things for your Mum.

Selfish git!

Put in a grievance, especially if she loses that new post!
        well I don't think the post is above her as such but it's a role which my Mum suggested a need for (my mums area is cancer treatment) and the bosses boss approached my mum and asked her to do write a report of what would be needed to set up this suggestion monet, space ,staff time etc she then offered the role to my mum and asked her to name her hours so my Mum said she would do so many days during a month but due to the nature of cancer treatment she would do them when needed so maybe two days one week one day the next etc

I'm guessing that this women has taken a dislike to my mum and doesn't like the fact she's had a role made for her. Mums very popular with patiants shes always getting letters of thanks from relatives she even lets them phone her at home she has always said it's often harder for the family than the person who has the cancer. She really cares about what she does

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        If your mum thinks she can get enough proof & support, she could always leave & take them for constructive dismissal...........she will need hard proof to go down this line.
        I think she hates this idea because she wants to finish her time with a nice few weeks even in the letter from the head of hospital it said don't work too hard in you last few weeks make sure you enjopy them.

Originally posted by organic View Post
        I sincerely hope it all goes well. I've got a couple of NHS nurses in my family/friends and one of them had some serious bother with managers and OH a while back.

To say the nursing union was completely useless and didn't help one jot would be an understatement of colossal proportions. I see that they can't be a huge help in a private hospital anyway, but even in an NHS one the chances are she'd be effectively on her own anyway. You pay your subs and get nothing... I wonder what the subs are for... oh wait... let's not go there.
        Actually My Mum feels the same, she's always found them to be less than helpful.However she's pleased that they were helpful this time but lets face it even a child would know this treatment was wrong.

From what I understand they will be more use if they are required to act for Mum should she be made to retire early.

makes you laugh that the HR at my Mums place is so badly run that everything takes so long to sort out so even if they want to retire her early I can't see them getting sorted out within 5 weeks

Comment

Hopefully you're right on the 5 weeks thing. I'm not suggesting it in case it's wrong, but might it be worth talking to the bosses who are clearly happy with her so they know what's going on? Maybe that way if HR actually do pull their finger out and push her out before she goes anyway the bosses might hire her regardless. Just a thought.

Comment

So....this is how I read it, but I may have grasped wrong end of stick.

Your mum has written a report setting out details of a nursing role that is necessary and would have a positive influence on patients care?
            She stated that hours would sometimes be variable, but bosses okay with that and have rewarded her insight/experience by creating and offering her said role.

Sounds like line manager jealous and using sneaky methods to ruin it for your mum. Hope the miserable so and so gets theirs, and soon

Good luck to your mum, hope it works out for her.
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

I hope your mum gets the outcome she wants.
              Nurses are so underrated in the media,but not for the people who get their help.
              Tell your mum thanks from me.

Comment

Taff, I've said many times before that nurses do probably the most important job of all. They don't get anything like enough respect, pay or thanks for it but (with exceptions made for the bad ones) each and everyone of them has my heartfelt thanks and admiration.
                Marathon, you could add my thanks to Taff's too... and probably those of many others too.

Comment

thanks everyone.

Wellm turns out the person at the top or topish has heard tit bits about the women and sat talking with my mum for over an hour and a half. She has said to my mum she will of course support her and feels she should make 2 grievances firstly for the recent treatment and secondly for the historic treatment. She made my mum understand that it's not just her it's about the staff that she leaves behind. Someone needs to make this women accountable for her actions.

However, the boss will still be her line manager when she returns so have a legthy discussion with her last night I think she feels she will put one in for the recent treatment but not for the historic. I know it will be very difficult to get the right result, the other nurses are very fightened of this women I can fully understand why they wouldn't want to come forward, a lot of them send money home to their families.

My Mum is very worried about what will happen when she returns but I'm trying to reasureher that this women would be in far worse trouble if she made my mum a target again.

It's along time since i was working in HR and OH so need to try and get up todate with all the info as I want to make sure I can give mum the right advice. The manager said to my mum I could phone her if i wanted to understand the process that mum would have to go through. Not sure I will

Comment

Good for her..........tell her good luck. See link below from ACAS on Bullying & Harassment @ work. Hope it helps.

Acas - Advice leaflet - Bullying and harassment at work: Guidance for employees
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hope everything works out for your mum, she sounds like a lovely lady & she'd be a great loss to the hospital & patients if she was forced out. The manager sounds as though she has some kind of grudge against her, I'd suggest your mum sit down & try & talk to her again but doubt it would have any effect so maybe registering a grievance against her is the only way.
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I hope the grievance process works for your mum, Marathon, because if it is applied correctly it is about the best way for all concerned to sit down and discuss the issues, in the hope that everything can be resolved. It is intended to generate light on the situation, not heat.
                        Sadly not all managers keep this in mind and can see the whole thing as a big threat, and they also confuse grievances with disciplinaries when the two should be kept entirely separate. However good management practice can be learned!
                        Lets hope this works for this manager too.
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X