Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're still using plastic bags, bottles, toys and so on...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I make mine out of old upholstery fabric. They fold up really small & I keep them rolled up in my bag or a pocket. They get washed about once a month, probably less
    Given the penchant for reusable bags these days (thought I'd never see it happening so much and that's a good thing) you're onto a winner there.
    Do you sell them?

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
      Do you sell them?
      No, there's too much competition out there: you can get reusable cotton bags for 49p or 99p most places.
      It's not worth my while: they take an hour each to make (minimum wage is what, a fiver?) and the fabric costs about £2.
      That would make each bag £7 plus.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

No, there's too much competition out there: you can get reusable cotton bags for 49p or 99p most places.
        It's not worth my while: they take an hour each to make (minimum wage is what, a fiver?) and the fabric costs about £2.
        That would make each bag £7 plus.
        Very true that.
        But when you want a unique bag made just the right size for you, with the perfect strap length and type (or even 2 straps, one for carrying in the hand and one for the shoulder) coloured and styled appropriately for style/mood/season/clothes you can't beat home made.

Comment

you can get reusable cotton bags for 49p or 99p most places.
          I was thinking that, but then most of the ones that are cheap have supermarket logos on them, bleh!

there might be a revolution coming of stylish shopping bags....

Comment

Only just seen this thread and interesting reading it makes.

I thought the C0-OP's advert was quite compelling -about the whale found with 80,000 plastic bags in it's stomach!

Also who originally said " there is no such place as 'away' to throw things"?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X