Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture posting trial

Hi all,

Thanks to DDL I hopefully now know how to post a pic!! This is just a trial and I thought I would share OH's pride and joy with you all.

Hope it works!!
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 27-03-2007, 06:50 AM.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

well done for posting pic and very nice too......whats your pride and joy?
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

My pride and joy is shown in my avatar - my VW Golf MK1 GTI convertible. OH's pride and joy is a 1957 Wurlitzer 2104 jukebox - restored by him and gloriously loud!!!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Congratulations Shirlthegirl. Picture loud and clear. Keep them coming. Love the Juke box. Oh happy days !

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Well done Shirl! DDL
          PS It wasnt me it was Alice!
          Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM. Reason: PS
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Congratulations Shirlthegirl. Picture loud and clear. Keep them coming. Love the Juke box. Oh happy days !
            LOL - thanks Alice - now if OH was here, he would advise exactly which model of jukebox was used in Happy Days. I get no end of talk about discrepancies in the movies - such as 'oh that is the wrong machine for the time......'

He is in the process of starting a business involving the jukebox(es) - yup, we have 4 of them in various stages of restoration.

If anyone wants to know more PM me please and I will send what I can.

Thanks to you for giving DDL the info on how to post!!!
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Another practice - this was the garden in 2000 before I started work - now it looks like a tip!!!
              Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 27-03-2007, 06:50 AM.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

I know what you mean Shirlthegirl. I start out on a spring clean, the whole house looks a tip, and I think this place looked spanking before I started. Why do we do it !!!!!!!!!

Comment

If we get a couple dry days I might get the 'grass' mowed and restore a bit of order where the storms trashed my plastic greenhouse and the timber which was stored ready to build a chicken ark. If I get that sorted I might take another picture to show the changes. Not sure how well they enlarge though - can you re-size them again to see them better?
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Well done shirl. I still haven't braved the downloads.
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Do you want me to forward Alice's instructions?
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Well done Shirl, please don't let Bubblewrap see it or he'll want one too. Only trouble is we'd have no where to put it! thank goodness there's no electrcity on the lottie

Comment

One of my great frustrations was re-sizing photos.

I would do it in Paint Shop Pro but could never keep the clarity I wanted.

I then came upon a great web site where there is no downloading of any software and is as easy as pie to re-size and enhance photos - and its free. I can now get the clarity I want and keep the pixel size too. Eg. 250x250 pixel image at less than 20K.

All I need do is take a photo with my camera, save it into the folder of my choosing on my computer then go to the re-sizing website. At the website I click on `browse` in `open from your computer`, find the picture I want and double click on it, wait a minute or so and it loads onto the websites screen.

All I need to do is click on the red squares - keeping the left mouse button pressed down - and move them inwards. As the image is reducing a small box appears indicating in pixels the size it is reducing to. When you take your finger off the mouse the image goes through a quick re-size function. You can `undo` at any time. You can also `enhance` the the image.

Right click on the picture when done and click on `save picture as` and when the box appears save it under the original name or give it a new one.

I love it and don`t use anything else.

Below is one I have just done - I am able to post in the page between [img] [/img] html tags because I have uploaded it to the web (www).

This image was 604x453 pixels before re-sizing - 240KB
                          After, it is 251x188 pixels - 11KB - perfect for posting on the web
                          Right click on the picture and click on `properties` and see for yourself.

The website is called Snipshot - http://snipshot.com/

Have a great time with it.

Pippin
                          "Growing For Gold"

Comment

Thanks for all that Pippin, but how do you go to the resizing website ?

Comment

Hi Alice,

Click on the link is under the photograph.

Pippin
                              "Growing For Gold"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X