No announcement yet.

Spam!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure I ticked right boxes too, can I back check in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Silly me I assumed the 'adminstrators' would only be emailing with something relevant to the forum itself - you know spam warnings, that sort of thing.

I have now unticked the box in my UserCP - Settings & Options/Edit options.
      That was my understanding too.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I've been a member here since December last year and this was the first time I had received it (apart from the e-newsletter I received last week). I'm suspecting it must be published quarterly. It was no drama for me either. When I saw it didn't apply to me I just deleted it.
        Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

yup, I got it too this morning.

I may be in dire need of the advice...........

Comment

Silly me I assumed the 'adminstrators' would only be emailing with something relevant to the forum itself - you know spam warnings, that sort of thing.
            Exactly, I think it is reasonable to expect emails from Administrators would be concerned with Administration, not marketing their other products.
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

It might be useful. Not sure my body fits properly any more anyway!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I got it as well, the one I like though is when they send news about 'Prom' magazine, if I was 16 & American I might be interested! I don't really mind these emails though, just press delete & they're gone, not as annoying as all the 'scams' & 'enhancements' ones!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Also swiftly deleted. I did double take and check it was actually from GYO and not a spoof.

I too think there should be a separate box for email from adimistrators and another for marketing-spam that noone in their right mind actually wants to get.

Comment

I have now unticked the box in my UserCP - Settings & Options/Edit options.
                    ditto, and reported the spam as spam.

and isn't it telling that the ad at the bottom of this page is about mass emailing?
                    Last edited by pdblake; 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM.
                    Urban Escape Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                      ... haven't been pestered with Spam. The powers that be are really good at sorting all that.
                      Yes except that they have actually caused this spam themselves.

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                      I hope that you don't disappear straight away, and stay and enjoy what I think is the best and friendliest gardening forum available.
                      Thank you, indeed the natives do appear to be quite friendly

I did register my original account some time ago and had already decided that I didn't like all the advertising - that is their choice. It was my choice not to visit any more as intrusive flashing animated advertising rapidly gives me a headache - now I find that the advertising has followed me so I am off to blacklist them the same as I do for any other spammer

Comment

ever heard of firefox and add-blocking?

Comment

another 1 here,i to thought SPAM,it has nothing at all to do with gardening,and gardening is excersize in it's self,and cheeper,in the fresh air,so it has to be better for us in the long run,as at your own pace makeing it enjoyable
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I also had one and deleted without openeing, as I do anything I dont want.
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

I've merged so that Admin don't miss all the posts about it; HW has brought it to their attention today.

Comment

Zazen, I respect the fact that you're a moderator, but I think this is far less visible to the rest of the community in the "Introduce Yourself!" section than it was in "General chitchat". Not accusing you of anything because I think it's far too trivial an issue for any machinations, just a thought.
                                There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X