Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could very probably be bringing another 2 people and a dog He'll bring an acoustic guitar too (he's quite good at playing) and we'll all "muck in" and help with whatever needs to be done
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Wow Maureen, I've never met a dog that plays guitar of any sort before
      I'm happy to muck in too, If I bring my German Shepherd there would be no need for washer uppers..she'll volunteer.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I went up to 'the site' at the weekend to have a scout around.

Two noticeable things: 1) The slope at the bottom of the field is greater than I remembered, so camping will have to be nearer the top of the field, and parking cars will have to be in the next door field. This = pray for dry weather because the other field gets a tad boggy... and, a slightly longer walk to the loo.
        2) Dad hasn't got the half drum barbeque any more, so a few people will have to bring one with them if possible.

Anyone got any ideas for 'activities' ? Are we going to do a seed swap? And how about a produce swap? Not necessarily actual veg or plants, more like jams, chutneys, sauces etc.?

We're still waiting to confirm final numbers and if you've not confirmed, or cancelled, please speak now - anyone not replied by the end of this week will have their names taken off the list....

Here's some pics I took on Sunday:
        Attached Files

Comment

LOOKS AMAZING!!

Very excited now!

I think a seed/plant/food swap would be a great idea. I'll try and bring along some bits cooked/made for folk to eat on the day, and if I've any spare produce maybe bring it along.

Just a thought, and just as a bit of fun - how about a little veg/plant show? My village show is on the 28th August, so I'll miss out there, but might be fun to join in 'on-site' Nothing serious, no prizes necessary.

There's no reason why we couldn't bring along those disposable barbecues - but it would mean a fair bit of 'disposing' after the event - a bigger barbecue might be a better idea. Anyone with any barbecue/drum/bricks/grill that can bring them along?

It's going to be great - whatever the weather.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
            There's no reason why we couldn't bring along those disposable barbecues - but it would mean a fair bit of 'disposing' after the event - a bigger barbecue might be a better idea. Anyone with any barbecue/drum/bricks/grill that can bring them along?
            We have a Weber Baby Q (google it) that we bring along camping with us anyway.... happy to bring along to contribute to cooking

Cos it's gas, it heats up nice and quick, and has a pretty big grill/cooking area.

Comment

What a gorgeous setting Sarz! I can't wait!!!!

Comment

what lovely surroundings Sarah,
                just to clarrify OH & I are still comeing,would hate to be choped of the list
                getting very exited
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

If you haven't had a PM from me, and you've expressed an interest in attending, then you're name is on the list as confirmed.

All confirmed attendees will be contacted shortly with further details.
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

If you are thinking of a barbecue, HW, then maybe someone could provide a stout wheelbarrow and some sort of grilles? Charcoal goes in wheelbarrow and grilles rest over the top - it is even movable once lit!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

We have a humungous BBQ made from a 45 Gallon drum on it's side. But I aint cartin' it all that way! Sorry! Now, if ya wanna hold it nearer here...
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Looks great Sarah, can't help with a BBQ.

Don't have much produce to show for this year, what with late frost, work getting in the way and trying to clear an area for a new lawn the veg has kinda been put on the back burner this year
                        Mum brought the tent up from my sisters yesterday so getting really excited, just hope we can figure out how it goes up??

Comment

I cant wait either still trying to convince OH that we need to holiday that way and I just catch the coach back home so daughter can do her race. When I know for sure what we are doing I will let you know, Just me to camp whatever happens.
                          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                          and ends with backache

Comment

We have a bbq we can bring, the notebook sort. Its not massive though! Just seen the pictures of the site, how fantastic! What a view. Showed them to my seven yaer old and he ran from the room shouting "Can we go now then!"

Can bring some chutney to swap (wont be mature though, and have a bottle of blackberry gin if anyone fancies a little tipple!?)

OH can bring his harmonica if anyone has a guitar etc and fancies a jam...

Really looking forward to it..
                            http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

Know i said we will come with a tent,but is a small caravan ok,it takes up no more room,and no guide lines to fall over lol
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this, Son No 2 and Kissykit are coming along, just to help OH and me put the tent up you understand. We won't be able to bring many frills and fancies as there will be 4 in the car, together with essentials such as airbeds and the tent. I'm hoping we can slap some food on someone else's bbq, we only have a 2 burner cooker, and usually hire a fire pit at our favourite campsite.
                                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X