Rainy days

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy days

It might be a daft question, but, (considering I'm no expert!) what gardening can you do in the rain? AS if you would want to, perhaps.

Any suggestions! Any at all!

Zebedee
    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Planning? Weeding? Sowing seeds in the greenhouse?

It's very icky here and I'm not venturing across the garden as it's too slippery! Wouldn't mind if I didn't have a huge bump sticking out my front!
    Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

Have a day off digging perhaps?

I'm on holiday, but feel more tired than I do when at work! Spent most fo the last week on the plot for 4 to 6 hours a day, double digging and tidying up, plus marking out the beds on our Plot No2! Still, at least the double digging on Plot No1 is almost finished, and Plot No 2 doesnt need to be double dug, so it should get a bit easier from here on in!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Sort out shed, clean tools, talk to plants!!???

Comment

You could sharpen some of your tools!
          Newspaper on floor,grinding thingy block (go on..someone tell me what it's really called!!!! ) clean spade,fork,trowel and a good black and white film on the TV.....( oh and a nice mug of tea and a few bikkies...)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Sulk, moon about looking out window, update blog, chat on grapevine, plan, sort through seedpackets for the 300th time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Sulk, moon about looking out window, update blog, chat on grapevine, plan, sort through seedpackets for the 300th time.
              Hey - I've already done that.......
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Put some of your spares on the Seed Swap. Take photos of your plot to put on your blog. Paint the inside of your shed a nice colour. Make some plant labels up ready to go. Go shopping to fill up the snack cupboard in your shed.

Oh, I thought of some more for if you have a lotta spare time: Make a birdbox. Get some string and make your own bean netting (my friend made a goal net). Knit yourself some wellie socks.
                Last edited by Lesley Jay; 22-02-2007, 10:46 AM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

me again. how could i forget? make thousands of paper pots to sow your seeds in
                  http://www.wizer.co.uk/?p=29
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Go out and get wet -spent the best part of the day in the p*ssing rain taking down 500m of fencing, rolling up the 7 (count 'em 7! including top strand of barb,) strands of wire, removing all the posts and two strainers and got absolutely soaked. But then my polytunnel is coming tomorrow so easy access to the site now !!
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have to agree Rat. A bit of rain never hurt anyone! I've done the weeding in a thunderstorm!!
                      [

Comment

If I waited for a dry day I wouldn't get any gardening done! I do draw a line at horizontal rain though.
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Skin is waterproof, so get out there !!!!!!!! As Jennie says, if some of us were to wait for dry days, we'd get hee-haw done most of the year.
                          Last edited by sewer rat; 22-02-2007, 03:50 PM.
                          Rat

British by birth
                          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can only get to my lottie odd nights and weekends! If it rains, so be it!!!
                            As Sewerat says "Your skin is waterproof"!!! Unless you are doing more harm on the land than good, just bite the bullet and get on with it...you may even find you enjoy it!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just about what you like Zebedee. Clean the shed or the greenhouse. Dead head what needs doing. Clean the paths. Wash your pots. Turn your compost heap. Spread your muck. Plant your seeds. I've never found a lack of anything to do. But my skin's waterproof.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X