Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gardening therapy

I've just realised it's my anniversary - eleven years in remission

It was the canker that got me into allotmenting - (although my chemotherapist (?) said that vitamins had no effect on health !). I suddently had a lot of time on my hands between radiotherapy treatments, and my neighbour donated half of his allotment to me. I didn't grow much bar radishes, but it was a great retreat. Thanks Tony
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

What a good anniversary!

I can just see in my minds eye a half plot put down solely to radish! Made me smile!

Comment

Good stuff Two Sheds - don't know how much direct impact your allotment had but anything to give you a bit of exercise, improves your diet and takes your mind off the bad stuff in the fresh air has got to be a positive, should be on the NHS!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

That's great news Two Sheds.

I also use my lottie as a form of therapy, as I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with manic depression, and have had to have a few longish stints off work. It's also boosting my attempt to consume less processed and chemicalised food; I take enough pills every day without absorbing nasty things from what I eat as well!

Sarah

Comment

Super news Two Sheds. Here's to many more of those anniversaries!
          Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 27-03-2007, 06:50 AM.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Most definitely a day to celebrate 2 sheds. That must have been a terrible time for you, I can't imagine having to eat so many radishes, a WHOLE allotment full?

On a serious note, My mother in law died of cancer 4 years ago. If she had lived I am sure her remission date would have been celebrated EVERY year in a big way. Hope you have a wonderful day with your family around you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X