Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taff View Post
    I think I have about 10, maybe 9.
    I'm beginning to feel seriously inadequate....
    Don't worry Taff - I have even less, I only have 5. but one IS Delia's which gets used a lot. Mostly nowadays I get recipes off the internet if I fancy a change from Delia.
    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

I have no idea but I do have loads, hardley ever look at them, flick through some just to see what I should be doing. We tend to always have the same boring food. OH is vegetarian so I find it hard to cook for all of us. I cant be bothered to cook for him and somwthing else for me and daughter and he is so fussy, not allowed to cook meat at the same time.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

I'm a very low number as well - although if you were to poll about gardening books, well - that would be so very very different
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Too many - 2 shelves on my dresser fell off with the weight so I've had a serious clear-out - we don't eat the same way as we did 30 years ago - much lighter, more vegetarian etc so many were redundant. But, I really love my cook books.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
            I'm a very low number as well - although if you were to poll about gardening books, well - that would be so very very different
            Same here, about 100 gardening books and 1 cookery book
            http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

I did a count last night and eventually got to 57

Plus 20-25 gardening books!

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                I only have 236 gardening books but on the plus side, I did find another pile of cookery books whilst I was counting them
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

I just did a quick count & found 70 cook books on the shelves in the kitchen, possibly a few more around the house & lots of leaflets/cards/folders & files with other recipes in. I rarely use them though, probably just dip into about 4 or 5 for favourite recipes & I use the cut out ones in the files a few times a year.
                  Gardening books I seem to remember counting a while ago & I think I had about 190!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Hmm...I have about 30 cooking books, 17 file boxes of printed pages of recipies, saved receipies from newspapers and magazines. Somethings I inherited from my MIL. I do also have several online cook books as it where - join a site then save your favourites to your favourites on the account and treat it like a cook book. I can beat the nearly 400 Seahorse has! I am very young so I am sure I will get there.
                    My very pink Blog about food and...more food

Comment

Only 1 I can actually locate (Good Housekeeping), and a handful somewhere in storage. I just don't USE them.
                      Gardening.... no, not one. Not enough garden! I rely on what I learned from my Dad and odd bits of info picked up over the years (and asking you lot questions, or, as a last resort, google!)
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Today I have 52

Comment

Ah, Carol... welcome to the darkside
                          I was feeling part of the scenery
                          I walked right out of the machinery
                          My heart going boom boom boom
                          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Hmmm, this thread has prompted me to do a little count - somewhere in the region of 70-80, all the way from Jamie (not as useful as I had hoped), Nigella, Allens' 'Bake' (very good), most of Hugh (an inspiration, esp his fish one), lots of curry/bread books, a fabby pastry one from a Roux brother, Hestons 'how-the-hell-did-he-make-that' Fat Duck recipes.

Though I may not have the most, perhaps I'm in the running for the oldest? It's a Francatellis' Modern Cook, the earliest inscription on the inside cover reading '1883', with further ones at 1934 and 1945....
                            I havent used any of the recipes in it, and the style is completely different to modern books - more or less "Here are the ingredients, cook until done" rather than hand holding the wannabe cook.
                            A favourite recipe in it, however, starts "Procure one fine, fat, lively turtle of around 120lbs"
                            Twas a different lifetime then.....

Adam S

Comment

I have one lively nuisance of a tortoise about 3 lbs, how do I cook him

Comment

Surely there's a joke here, pertaining to 'It's not what you've got, but what you do with it?'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X