in case of emergency

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in case of emergency

not many people seem to be aware of this .but if you put the phone number of your nearest and dearest in your mobile under ICE (in case of emergency)the emergency services can contact them easily.i do not know if this is the place for this but i just want as many people to know as possible.

Thanks for that! I certainly didn't know about it.
    [

Comment

we do that! (I used to be the sea equivalent of a paramedic) it confuses you at first 'cos when your nearest and dearest phones it tends to come up on screen as ice, but you get used to it, it saves the emergency people loads of time, and can mean even the genral public or first aiders who are there first can tell your next of kin which hospital your likley to be taken too so they can arrive at the same time to be with you.
      Thanks for that PVM we just do it as a matter of course but your right lots of people dont know.
      Last edited by yoanbob; 02-03-2007, 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

It's also the acronym for the Institution of Civil Engineers, have wondered if they get any frantic and confused calls?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I don't understand why more people don't know about this; I've had mine set up like this for well over a year. But good idea to let people know!

Comment

Weve done our mobiles and remember to do the kids aswell

Comment

if your fobmile mone is switched it can be used as a tracking device (accruency depending on number of masts near to where you are)by the police ect if they have your number. The russians did this to locate and bomb a chetnian dissident a few years ago.
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

ICE also stands for In Car Entertainment, radios, cd's, dvd's, ipod connectivity, hands free car kits, etc! Working for Halfords means its a big part of my business, so have to know a bit or two about it!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                  if your fobmile mone is switched it can be used as a tracking device (accruency depending on number of masts near to where you are)by the police ect if they have your number. The russians did this to locate and bomb a chetnian dissident a few years ago.

Using the internet it is also possible for your boss to find you if the GPS is set to on on your phone!
                  (This is for people who work away from an office and not 2 desks away!)
                  Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

Mobile phones can be a blessing and a curse. Good for emergency contact, but are you all aware that your location can be pinpointed not only by the emergency services, but by anyone who has your phone details. There are several websites which offer mobile phone tracking, and it is very accurate. Very Scary!

Comment

PVM1 - I heard about this on the radio and put it into my moby - my OH saw it the other day and said "whats this?" So I told him the details - he and my sister in law have now put it into their mobies. Good idea! DDL
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                        Mobile phones can be a blessing and a curse. Good for emergency contact, but are you all aware that your location can be pinpointed not only by the emergency services, but by anyone who has your phone details. There are several websites which offer mobile phone tracking, and it is very accurate. Very Scary!
                        We call this IMSI tracing. It is normally used to fine tune the GSM and 3G radio parameters, but it is also used to follow a targeted SIM card. All we need is your mobile number and we can pinpoint your position to within 10 metres anywhere on the planet - provided your cellphone is switched on and within mobile coverage.

Conversations can also be listened into with certain Ericsson equipment.

Interesting what you learn working with 3G and 4G technology...

BTW, ICE is also cold wet stuff. Often found on the South Pole! Or in my shot glass.
                        Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
                        Cut your engines, cool your wings,
                        You've taken me home...

Comment

I think that in some ways the tracking can be a comforting thought. If I were lost on a mountain (we go on walking holidays) and needed emergency services they'd find me. No good asking me which hill I'm on!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X