No announcement yet.

When do you get up?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late this morning I turned alarm off to get up and went back to sleep, daughter came in and woke me up, I normally have to wake her.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

get up about 7:00, but only to look out of window, and make a coffee to take back to bed! then i read a couple of chapters for about a half-hour, before getting up properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        Can save loads of time on that in the morning by not doing make up
        Ah, but putting your slap on makes you look like you've had 8 good hours
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Good point there TS!!

When on an early shift I will be up about 5, as it takes me a while to warm up and get the brain engaged.
          Now I'm at uni, I'm getting up at 6, to make sure I get myself ready without rushing, have breakfast/cuppa, again, without rushing or I get horrid indigestion.
          Am a night owl by nature, so struggle to get to bed early so going to have to try to train myself into better habits
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

15 years of driving lorries starting and finishing at all hours of the day and night has completely wrecked my sleeping pattern . I can get by perfectly well on 4-5 hours a night - at the minute I'm going to bed around 1 am and back up just before 6 am. But when I do a bit of driving at the weekend I manage to miss my sleep on Friday night and only get to bed on Saturday from 1 pm to 8 pm then work another night shift into Sunday morning . Do all the usual family things on a Sunday when I get home but don't go to bed until almost midnight and up around 6 on a Monday morning for my "gardening work"
            I'm lucky in that I can sleep anywhere and as long as I have an alarm clock I can set it to wake me up when I have to get up.
            There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

UGGGHHH running, but running in the morning double, even triple UGGGHHH. I officially work 8 hours but this is a guide and rarely met - longest shift to date being 23 1/2 hrs. Hence I have to leave the house at 7.25 on a day shift - get out of bed at 7.10. Have no time for makeup - this gets done at work if I need it, and have colleagues trained so coffee on table waiting....

If i got my way then I would not be up before 9 and in bed at 10pm - I can but dream. Working nights this week - hate it as body is screaming for bed and getting fed up with people telling me I am a strange colour!!!!
              Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
              Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket* View Post
                UGGGHHH running, but running in the morning double, even triple UGGGHHH.
                Don't knock it till you've tried it: the thought of it is worse than the doing of it. The exercise & fresh air actually energises you much more than laying in bed does. Your mind is clear and it's a good time to think/meditate/get your thoughts in order.
                It improves your quality of sleep too, so when you do sleep you sleep better
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Seconding TS here. I used to do it till my knees gave way, dodging the policemen wandering round at half six in the morning was about as exciting as it got, and it did give me a huge boost of energy and a sense of accomplishment. Made me fitter too.

Comment

Thirding TS here
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Can save loads of time on that in the morning by not doing make up or hair straightening
                      Oh blimey no, I can't leave the house without makeup...I'd cause accidents!! LOL

Comment

Nutters!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I don't do make up or hair straightening, and now I'm not in an exec job I sometimes don't even brush hair [sorry PB...] - and I can do horizontal to out the door in 7 mins if pushed.

Alarm goes off at 6:45 - even on days when I work from home. In the summer we wake up earlier but I am starting to sleep right up to when it goes off now it's drawing in a bit.

I do like to get clothes ready the night before for the above reason....and in the winter i like to put clothes in the airing cupboard so that they are warm to put on [or on the rad if it's snowy outside].......

I used to get up early and go for a walk - when I didn't have a car I had walks to work [over golf courses or through the town centre] but now I'm in the country we often do a constitutional in the evening rather than the morning.

I'd love the willpower to get up and have a half hour walk in the mornings but I know I will never do it.

Comment

What a diverse posting lot we are - this one has ranged from getting up early to run, to giving the kids their breakfast, to straightening hair, back to running!

Love it
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

If insomnia strikes 5am.. about 20% of the year.
                              When it's light and I have a morning run... 6am
                              No run: 6:30am.

In winter: 6.30am. Running in the dark wet mornings is an exercise in willpower and masochism...Running in snow, ice or frost is enjoyable...

Comment

I get up at 6am Monday to Thursday and around 7.30 at weekends. I go to bed at 9.30 and read for half hour.
                                Just lately, in an effort to save calories I have given up my two glasses of red wine with dinner and my sleep is much improved. I no longer wake up at 3am and the quality of my zzzzzz seems much better. I have much more energy during the day too. Even one glass of wine has an effect on me. I save it for Saturday evening's now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X