No announcement yet.

Time to ask for help...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask everyone who has taken part in this discussion - what is your star sign please? I am wondering if it is Madmax's Virgo that leads him to be so nit picking I love him dearly but I just don't understand the tidy thing.

By the way, our house is not dirty, just untidy. I couldn't bear to have a smelly house I used to do all the housework at home - dusting, polishing and hoovering along with bathroom scrub down every weekend when I was younger and I think this is why I don't see the point now - there is more to life than polish
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I have a four bedroom house, we have a lounge, dinning room, breakfast room, kitchen bathroom, loft, cellar. You would think that now there is only 3 of us the house would be nearly empty. Two of the small bedrooms are junk rooms, the dinning room has oh's computer and rubbish in, never tidy. He has two exercise machine's in there, never used. The upright freezer ( temporary 3 years ago or more) and two large cabinets and a table always full of his c**p. The table in the breakfast room is only ever empty when the inlaws come for dinner ( this weekend then ). I have been clearing out my stuff getting rid of things I no longer use / wear. Does anyone else in the house do this NO. I suggested this to oh and his answer is I dont have any junk, I would love to move cos I would be really ruthless and make him get rid of stuff.
      I am Capricorn he and my daughter are Taurean's.
      My sister is Virgo and her house is always clean and tidy in fact we call her the bleach queen.
      I always say if people dont like it tough they dont have to visit me, I do however feel embarresd by the state of it and dont like inviting people round.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        AWWWW, tell Snowdrop he is a spoilsport!
        He meant to your boys not to me

Can I ask everyone who has taken part in this discussion - what is your star sign please?
        Aries
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Piskie I think my boys could do with a bit of RAF discipline - I have obviously been too darned soft on them
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Thank you Marthaclematis, my sitting room is coming along nicely. Due to the open-plan thing downstairs, I am now working my way round the dining room then it will be the kitchen before the rest of the sitting room.

I am going to suggest to the boys that they try the same tactic in their rooms
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Each to his own I say. When we first married it was my vowed intention to be 'perfect'. Our first baby arrived within the year. Then another. Then another and then another. I became a frantic cleaner and tidy upperer. Until the time I realised it was only me who really cared. I was so missing out on the far more important things.
              My motto is. If anything needs doing let the one who needs it most do it. That way everyone is happy.[/I]

Comment

Can I ask everyone who has taken part in this discussion - what is your star sign please? I am wondering if it is Madmax's Virgo that leads him to be so nit picking
                Capricorn! (any help?)
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                  Each to his own I say. When we first married it was my vowed intention to be 'perfect'. Our first baby arrived within the year. Then another. Then another and then another. I became a frantic cleaner and tidy upperer. Until the time I realised it was only me who really cared. I was so missing out on the far more important things.
                  My motto is. If anything needs doing let the one who needs it most do it. That way everyone is happy.[/I]
                  I would go along with that too but Madmax works away from home and it isn't really fair for him to have to do housework at the weekends (though I would be expected to do it then if I worked outside the house all week)

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                  Capricorn! (any help?)
                  My mum is Capricorn -she got me to do all the housework
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

There you go then! If you like a tidy house, don't marry a Capricorn!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      There you go then! If you like a tidy house, don't marry a Capricorn!
                      Or an Aquarian, I feel there are much better things to do than chase dust around the place
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

Shirl so here is what you do.....Ask Max to complete a questionaire.

1. When you come home what to you want to greet you?

a/ A cuddle and let's just talk for a while

b/ A partner relaxed and really pleased to see him

c/ A partner still tidying up and flustering round with a duster

d/ I want I clean and tidy house am not really worried how it gets that way.

Comment

errrr Leo - guess I broke the mold!

Comment

Or an Aquarian, I feel there are much better things to do than chase dust around the place
                            I am an Aquarian and do all the housework (hello I am TEB and I am a compulsive cleaner) but the missus works away all week so apart from dusting and hoovering then their isn't too much to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                              Shirl so here is what you do.....Ask Max to complete a questionaire.

1. When you come home what to you want to greet you?

a/ A cuddle and let's just talk for a while

b/ A partner relaxed and really pleased to see him

c/ A partner still tidying up and flustering round with a duster

d/ I want I clean and tidy house am not really worried how it gets that way.
                              I know the answer to that one - d but with me looking like I just came from a makeover with Gok and Co.

Originally posted by TEB View Post
                              I am an Aquarian and do all the housework (hello I am TEB and I am a compulsive cleaner) but the missus works away all week so apart from dusting and hoovering then their isn't too much to do.
                              I guess if it was just Madmax and me then we would be okay - the kids seem to generate a heck a lot of stuff
                              Happy Gardening,
                              Shirley

Comment

I have to say I like my house to be clean and tidy. When its just me on my own, I'm pretty tidy and the house is generally clean.
                                Now there appear to be squatters here, and even though my house is on the larger side of average, it just looks like a tip.
                                I have no stairs so cant put anything on them, I've got the biggest kitchen I've ever had but cant find a square centimetre of work space, even my own small bathroom, which apart from a slightly grubby shower door once, was always clean and tidy but Mme P appears to have thrown an untidy grenade in it!!

ETA Oh, and I'm a Capricorn.
                                Last edited by bobleponge; 13-10-2010, 05:11 PM. Reason: Forgot my birthsign
                                Bob Leponge
                                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X