This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAULW View Post
    From my experiance most of the people in council offices would not be able to hold a job in the private sector,
    I never mentioned teachers but reading reports of lack of reading and writing skills of the school leavers it seems to me a good many of the inifective teachers need culling,
    no need to worry about the binmen down here the local council has seen fit to make everybody equall the office whallahs have now had their wages upgraded to the same as the men on the bins therefore it must be fair if there is ever a shortage of binmen for the council to send out the office staff to cover the rounds if and when needed.
    You've clearly only met or come into contact with a minority of council office workers then. During my local government experience I have seen many professionals move between the private and public sector so they are obviously capable.

Teachers & Bin (wo)men already mentioned, Social Workers, Engineers, Solicitors, Grave Diggers, Grounds Maintenance, Cooks, Gardeners, Mechanics, Surveyors, Registrars, Planners, Librarians, Meals on Wheels, Housing Officers… I could go on; all non-jobs or just some of them?
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      I love it when people dis reading and writing skills with bad grammar and spelling.
      I purposely didn't comment on that... thought the poster might have been doing that to emphasise the very poor point they were trying to make
      pjh75

Comment

There is no help with finding work.

My mate has been on Jobseekers Allowance for 6 months. He has done everything asked of him (i.e. applying for at least 2 jobs a week, etc). Yet, the so-called job experts at the Job Centre have offered him no help or advice in getting a job. Job Centres are just a cattle market- just sign your book and see you in 2 weeks. You are in and out in 5 minutes.

Comment

Oh dear...the slippery slope begins towards jobs for the' lads' and women staying at home again to look after the kids.
          Might as well stop educating gals then beyond the age of 16

...discuss....
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

PJH
            Clearly you have not read my posting properly, I said council offices nothing mentioned about the front line staff which will most likely be the ones that lose their jobs to protect the useless office whallahs

Comment

I was reading this on the BBC news....

BBC - Mark Easton's UK: Will the cuts change the role of women?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That's odd - are you talking about the buildings or the workers now?

Most employees of the local council are called officers of one sort or another.

I'm wondering where the useless office wallahs may be lurking - which department are you thinking of?
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

PJH
                  Clearly you have not read my posting properly, I said council offices nothing mentioned about the front line staff which will most likely be the ones that lose their jobs to protect the useless office whallahs
                  They all work out of offices. Who are you talking about?
                  pjh75

Comment

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
                    They all work out of offices. Who are you talking about?
                    Strange when I worked for the council I didn't have an office I was outside in the fresh air all day not indoors seat polishing.

Comment

Strange when I worked for the council I didn't have an office I was outside in the fresh air all day not indoors seat polishing.
                      Yes, many council employees work outdoors, in schools, on sites, visit people in their homes etc but there is still a base office. Question still applies... who are you talking about?
                      pjh75

Comment

Well, I'd tax the rich more (~50%?), there drastically needs to be a redistribution of the wealth. I think the coalition have conned us all into thinking that the deficit needs reducing. And they have done so by pretending that we have to be part of a big society, in other words we all have to take a hit some where along the way. What I'd like to know is how it all breaks down and how much money in total is being paid towards the deficit by the poor (under £15k pa) compared to the rich (say over £200k pa). I suspect since there are more of the poor than the rich then the poor will carry most of the burden.

The UK is triple A rated which means we can borrow money as we can pay our debts off through our tax returns. So like most of us anyway what's wrong with us being in debt and working or way out of recession and pay the debt off later when we can afford it?
                        Last edited by Capsid; 23-10-2010, 03:24 PM.
                        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
                          Yes, many council employees work outdoors, in schools, on sites, visit people in their homes etc but there is still a base office. Question still applies... who are you talking about?
                          Well our useless council come up with a plan they the got the assessors in to see if the plan would work, they then went to another company of assessors to see if the assessment by the first assessors was alright after being given the all clears they then went to a third company of assessors to assess the assessors assessing the assessors, if they had employed someone on the council that knew what they were doing in the first place there wouldn't have been so much assing about.

Comment

Bet you were grateful for the accountant type of seat polisher when he did the pay roll?
                            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I don't think that the poor should be expected to be paying ANYTHING towards the deficit- they are the least to blame!

But remember......we are all in this together (TM).

Comment

If the mega rich went on strike no one would notice, yet if people like us did the country would come to a halt!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X