No announcement yet.

Am I mean?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one has been going the rounds of FB as well, and it's all a load of junk! Months with 5 Friday, Saturday, Sunday happen a couple of times nearly every YEAR, they happen in October 4 times in 28 years (not every 7 years, a bit more complicated than that).
    It may be that the Chinese Calendar is more complicated and the equivalent really doesn't come round so often, but in OUR calendar, it's not rare at all!
    As regards the chain-letter thing, a few of my friends normally delete them, but occasionally will send on one that is a bit less ridiculous/tedious etc. Other friends do send the stupid ones. I rarely send any on, not least because I just don't have that many friends with e-mail apart from the ones who sent the thing to me in the first place, or people who wouldn't want to get the fool thing!!
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      I received an email this morning (from a very good friend), it was one of those 'you must send it on' emails which I hate hate hate so much

It contained this rubbish:

An interesting fact about October 2010:

"this October has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays, all in one
      month! It happens once in 823 years. These are called money bags.
      Pass them to 8 good people and money will appear in 4 days. Based on
      Chinese Feng Shui. Whoever stops this will experience none."
      Interesting.....got nothing to lose..........................

The email had been sent to several people throughout the chain and they were still showing in the email, I didn't know any of them (apart from my friend) so I sent it back to them all saying:

As I really dislike this sort of email I thought I would send it back to whence it came – hope you all get your dosh, if you do – enjoy it
      I’m poor but happy

Was that mean to do that?
      I feel mean now
      I delets 'em no questions asked . I have a seperate account on FB for Mafia wars ect and "friends" who send page suggestions , group invites etc get deleted as well - simple. I don't want or need that kind of crap in my life so if you send it - I can do with out you as well.
      There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

I don't see the need to respond in any shape or form to these either forwardiing or responding and just delete them. Don't understand how anybody thinks there's anything in the ones which tell you you'll get good luck, the guardian angel ones make me want to vomit and the funny ones rarely are so as soon as I see it's a general circulation thing I just delte and get on with life so no worries

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X