No announcement yet.

Static! Aaaarrrrrgggghhh!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well G4 you can count on me to buck the trend. I used to get wicked static at a particular office many years ago. Me and a friend took great delight in zapping each other at very in-opportune moments (on the phone, talking to a client etc) and we would actually charge ourselves (feet scuffed on the carpets) and then lurk around trying to zap each other. Points were scored if you got the other person to yelp!

It was probably a 'had to be there' moment or just totally juvenile senses of humour but such a laugh - I think the fact he was a leading world scientific editor at the time made it even funnier for me.

Ah good times
    Last edited by lizzylemon; 03-12-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Have you tried alternating natural and artificial fibre layers?
      The static from fleece or similar clothes when removed comes from the friction when they rub agaibst each other. Maybe if there was an incompatible layer in between......
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Ive had the same problem just not as bad. Ive been zapped when I fuss cleo. Shes not too impressed when it happens hehe.
        http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Yep, i have same problem too, especially with my hair at this time of year - flies away everytime a hairbrush goes through. Not found any solutions yet.
          Jane,
          keen but (slightly less) clueless
          http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Only get it if I wear horrible synthetic fibres, no probs at all with the natural ones

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
              Yep, i have same problem too, especially with my hair at this time of year
              I do too, because I'm wearing hats or scarves on my head to keep warm (non-natural fabric)
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X