No announcement yet.

Help Required - Wife's 50th

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was lucky for OHs birthday, it turned out that there was a solar eclipse that day, in South Africa. I did buy him a small 'personal gift' because my money comes from him anyway (some of it as a salary, but not a lot), so really he paid for the week in SA to see the eclipse etc.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

A work mate of mine went to London yesterday with a friend, the friends OH paid for her to take three friends with her. Train fare, hotel, afternoon tea in harrods all paid for. Wish someone would do that for me.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks all,

I've decided it should be my decision but it was great seeing some of the suggestions and subsequent responses
        Cheers

Danny

Comment

You're gonna have to let us know what you decide........my brain hurts.........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I've just realised I really am really awkward

Spa/pamper day - horrors! I even hate getting my hair cut
            Jewellery - I've been given some for my 40th which I hate and can't re-gift either
            Meal - Not bothered: I nearly always prefer the food I make myself at home
            London - you couldn't pay me to go there. Brighton though, different matter (and I'd like £50 to spend on fabric please)

£50 of book tokens, or cinema vouchers?

I'd quite like someone to come in and clean the house top to bottom and do all the ironing ... and sort out the garage

For Mr TS's 40th his family organised a big party for him, inviting his old workmates, schoolfriends and even a couple of his teachers (facebook made finding them all much easier)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

For mine, Hubby and daughter were in cahoots and rented a cottage down the road. People just kept turning up from England for the week-end! First, daughter, her other half and grandson. Then sister and brother, then niece and family, then 2 nephews... boy did I blub. Wonderful. Also, I'm not at all a jewellery person but hubby gave me a ring with 5 whopping diamonds on it and you won't separate me from that unless you chop off my finger!!! It was also around our 100th wedding anniversary.
              Tiffany do lovely silver bracelets with hearts on.
              Good luck, make it special! Don't be afraid to be sloppy and loving!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                It was also around our 100th wedding anniversary.
                100th lol P, think you may have a typo there

We went to Dominican Republic for mine and Disneyworld for Mrs T (took our 4 year old grandaughter of course as the excuse.....)
                Last edited by Nicos; 07-12-2010, 01:52 AM.
                "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                  It was also around our 100th wedding anniversary.!!!
                  Wow! many congratulations to you both............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Get her a Spurs season ticket ..... in fact, perhaps not!!

I had Mme P's 50th a couple of months ago. I was very lucky really, about a month before, we had been in UK for a few days, I took her round Horrids, just so she could say she had been, and she seemed very interested in several things. I then went back to UK (not Horrids) and bought her something very similar to something she'd looked at.
                    It was jewellery, and not something I would have bought if she'd not shown interest when I was with her, but it worked a treat, and she wears her earings every day.
                    I would, btw, thoroughly recommend the Raymond Blanc resto, having experienced it myself its absolutely fantastic.
                    Bob Leponge
                    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I was given a cookery class/day from my favourite restaurant...

I was thrilled and it was such a fun day - we made about 4 or 5 actual meals; got some great tips from the chef and a masterclass from a butcher.

The restaurant did all sorts of different classes - pastry/cakes, meat, fish, and you could just book whichever one you fancied.

Comment

Has she ever wanted to play golf/tennis/ learn to ride a horse/ sail a boat/ paint?
                        how about a course of lessons

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                          I was given a cookery class/day from my favourite restaurant...

I was thrilled and it was such a fun day - we made about 4 or 5 actual meals; got some great tips from the chef and a masterclass from a butcher.

The restaurant did all sorts of different classes - pastry/cakes, meat, fish, and you could just book whichever one you fancied.

I've done a seafood cookery day at rick steins seafood school in Padstow
                          it was great, I will go again one day, ate as much as I could and wine flowing as well, brilliant

Comment

It was my 50th this year and my husband and daughters treated me to a stretch limo to the theatre to see "Love Never Dies" - it was a fantastic surprise and I don't think I'll ever forget it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X