No announcement yet.

Dexter the Dog - health update

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks MB I'm relieved to hear that there are no needles involved! Its certainly something to bear in mind. Will see how Dexy gets on with his synflex liquid and magnetic collar. DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks for your advice poozie - it's lovely to hear that animals such as Alfie respond so well to treatment. I must admit when I first logged this post, I think I was in a worse state than Dexter! Everyone's comments have made me feel so much better and thanks to the grapes recommendations, I have been able to put Dexter on some gluco-what-sit stuff that seems to be making a difference already. Humans can take it as well - I may well take some for my bad back!
      Dexter says hello and woof woof to Alfie.
      DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

DDL,

I have been using a magnetic collar on my 17 year old cat for some time now and it has really made a BIG difference.

She was knocked over at 1 at has pins etc in her pelvis and legs, by the time she was 10 suffering badly with arthritis.

Within a week of wearing the collar she was running about and even still climbs trees!!

I think you are heading down the right track and hope Dexters is back to his old tricks soon.

Mandy

Comment

Thanks Mandy - will let everyone know how he gets on. He had a good weekend so fingers crossed! Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Hi Bernie,

Glad to hear Dexter's on the mend. My mum used cod liver oil on our old arthritic Border Collie cross (Fiver) to good effect. Just a teaspoon a day, mixed in with her food. Sounds like you've got quite a lot of remedies to try! Hopefully one of them will work fine and Dexter will be bounding around in no time.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Thanks BirdieWife - I also know that everyones kind thoughts and wishes are helping Dexter on the road to recovery! DDL
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Glad that Dexter's feeling better.When we had our boxer dog I had to hold her every time she had to have an injection or anything at the vets as O.H. has a needle phobia!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Mad dog Alfie

here's Alfie the hooligan. We have got to build him a pen at the allotment so we can take him with us and keep him out of trouble. He eats iceberg lettuce and chickweed, which i read was an old cure for rheumatism and arthritus. He is a bit of a weird dog tho.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Aw bless! he's lovely! Ive just been out for walkies with Dexter - for the first time in ages, we've been out at night. I'm so pleased. Bernie aka Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Excellent News Bernie, thnk you for telling us. I was wondering how he was doing
                      Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                      -- Alfred E. Neumann
                      http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X